DELL ST2220L Review

Guys this is my first review. pardon me for my mistakes.:)

So lets begin -

I was to get a monitor as a B'Day gift from my parents. i considered Samsung P2350, DELL ST2220L, Samsung B2230, Benq G2220HD. searched hard for samsung P2350 but it wasn't available anywhere at smcinternational.in, theitwares, primeabgb. B2230 reviews were good. benq reviews were ok. and at that time the ST2220L was a new entrant to the market. only one review was there which was good. so i decided to take risk and go with this.

Ordered this from smcinternational.in for 8750 including taxes. shipping was 200 bucks.

Product Website -

DELL Dell - ST2220L 21.5-inch Wide Flat Panel Monitor with LED : Monitors: Flat Screen LCD Computer Displays | Dell Canada

Product Specifications -

DISPLAY

Panel Size: 21.5"

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (16:9)

Panel Type: TN with LED backlight

Maximum Resolution: Full HD 1920 x 1080 @60 HZ

Contrast Ratio: 8,000,000:1 (estimated)

Brightness: 250 cd/m2 (typical)

Response Time: 5ms typical

Viewing Angle: (160 vertical / 170 horizontal)

Color Support: 78% (CIE1976) / 68% (CIE1931)

Pixel Pitch: 0.248mm

Device Type: HD Monitor with LED

CONNECTIVITY

VGA

DVI-D (HDCP)

HDMI

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1&sku=320-1629

Packaging -

The packaging is well done. no damage chances.

Accessories -

These include a DELL notice, Product Information Guide, Product Setup Guide, VGA Cable, Driver CD, Power Cable.

The Monitor -

The Monitor -

The front has menu touch buttons, and a light at the bottom showing monitor status. when the light is white monitor is active and when its yellow monitor is in power saver mode.

I have not removed the covering on the sides. but its shiny surface when i remove it. you can see this in menu touch buttons pic.

The Stand -

The stand feels sturdy.

Connectors -

These include - HDMI, DVI, VGA, Audio IN and Audio Out.

Sadly they supply only VGA Cable.

The Menu -

Menu buttons are touch. very responsive. but they are not illuminated. though they are easily visible when in light.

The index -

The main menu -

Navigation in the menu is with these using touch buttons-

The various options in main menu -

The brightness/contrast menu -

The preset menu -

Performance -

Movies -

Text -

Text is large enough and no straining of eyes.

Viewing Angle -

Viewing angle is very good for a TN panel.

Pros -

1. Crisp HD movies.

2. Gaming is fun. 5ms response time.

3. (dont know this is a pro or a con) Very very bright.

4. Strong build quality.

5. LED backlight.

6. Good viewing angles.

Cons -

1. Touch buttons not illuminated.

2. Only VGA cable supplied.

i am very happy with my purchase. :eek:hyeah:

i will recommend this to everyone looking for a monitor within 8.5k. its strong value for money.:)

Nice review and superub purchase, congrats OP :)

Now tell me whats the first game in your games screenshoot:D the racing one is the burnout paraside i suppose:cool2:

Nice Review. Are the pictures and games taken from camera or these screen shots? I am not able to see the side bezel of the Monitor.

i have a doubt .the screenshots u took look like a snip pic rather not a camera picture. please clarify
PS i am not talking about the initial pics but the gaming and movie ones :S

I meant you could taken pictures from your camera to let us know how the movie looks on the monitor. Those screenshots gives us only the quality of the source i.e games settings on the graphic card, the quality of encoding of the movie by the source.
For real perspective of pov i suggest you add the same pictures by taking picture from the camera.
For reference look upon any previous monitor show off.
Users have put up camera snaps of the monitor in action. This will provide us a better perspective of the video output on the monitor.

Back