Creative D80 Wireless Speaker Review

Creative D80 Wireless Speaker Review

This a wireless bluetooth speaker which works on bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology to stream music wirelessly. It also has an AUX to connect it to any device having a 3.5 mm stereo jack. So you can connect it to a Tv,radio,ipod etc. .My main motto to get it is to stream Tune In Radio from my Galaxy Nexus. Initially i was looking for it's elder sibling D100 but found that both uses the same set of 3" inch dual speaker set.Apart from it D100 is using an additional battery compartment for outdoor activities, whereas D80 does not. But then again i only need it for streaming internet radio from my phone and i must say it does it's job with ease.

nLlvNl.jpg

The design is simple ipod dock inspired with a basic 2.0 configuration and an added bass port in the back for that punch which only a 2.1 can gives.It has curved edges and also available in green,blue,pink...who cares :p. I personally prefer black for the plain and simple looks that can go in for any room.The back surface has a plastic matte finish so it won't attract fingerprints and front has a clothe grill cover including the illuminated sync button,volume rocker and aux port itself so you can connect it to any mp3 player like sansa clip plus.

No match for its more expensive siblings , the Creative ZiiSound D5x, D200 but definitely acceptable . Not going to elabourate any further.

Now the meat of the review is the sound itself, this sound pretty good it's price i must say not very loud though, but certainly fill the small room with sound enough for enjoying alone.It consists of two 3'' inch mid range drivers with a bass port at the back and it does produces a decent amount of bass.The mids are not good like some 2.1 sound at the price range but certainly good for a 2.0 system.Treble is good at times and sometimes it become somewhat tamed.High bitrate songs does not benefit rather.To be precise i found the default streaming rate of 128 kbps to be perfect for this speaker.

lxsPdl.jpg

LpUZml.jpg

pDeKkl.jpg

So if you are looking to get a cheap bluetooth speaker ,look no further then this one this offer a good sound for 2k. Added aux port is a bonus

PROS

• Compact and stylish
  • Price
  • Wireless Capabilities
  • Aux port

CONS
  • No battery backup

Overall it deserve a 4 out of 5 for offering a plain and simple room filling sound and it takes less space then any standard 2.1 system :).

Good review. I was also considering buying the Creative D100 but after reading your review I am thinking of the D80 as I do not require battery backup. Are there any other models that I shoud consider?

Good review. I was also considering buying the Creative D100 but after reading your review I am thinking of the D80 as I do not require battery backup. Are there any other models that I shoud consider?

Thanks mate :)

Go for D80 if you want plain and simple no frills wireless setup for a small room, you can also look at the following options if you can stretch your budget

Amazon.com: Logitech UE 984-000298 Mobile Boombox Bluetooth Speaker and Speakerphone (Black Grill/Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

This thing will pretty much rock all the tunes you throw at it

No sort of advantage or anything these things are boombox and the one which you are referring to is a wireless adapter
Both have different uses as D80 is a 2.0 portable speaker with wireless capabilities

Pros - Price.
Nowhere in your review have you have mentioned the price of this system.
Sorry - just saw its been written as 2k. :ashamed:

Whats the price point? Mohit , also look at monster iclarity hd

I have a budget of around 5-6K. I want the best in this budget.

Thanks mate :)

Go for D80 if you want plain and simple no frills wireless setup for a small room, you can also look at the following options if you can stretch your budget

Amazon.com: Logitech UE 984-000298 Mobile Boombox Bluetooth Speaker and Speakerphone (Black Grill/Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

This thing will pretty much rock all the tunes you throw at it

Are those available in India? What price?

@Mohit : Those are not available in india yet but it's previous version is available which is not as good , but you can always use services like SnS etc to get it in india.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting by SnS will take time and cost a lot too. I guess I will go with the Creative D80 for now and upgrade later.

Creative D80 is no longer available anywhere it seems. It has been discontinued as per my dealer. He is offering me the D100 for 3.2K.

Back