PC Peripherals CPU spins, stops, spins, stops, no display/post

I have procured multiple parts from various deals and finally created my system

CPU: Intel E3 1246 v3 LGA 1150
RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWSX F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL
MB: Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H v1.0
PSU: Antec VP650P
TV: Samsung 4 Series

However when connecting everything to check, the CPU fan spins up and then stops then again spins and then stops, the TV is connected using HDMI/VGA cable, still there is no display on the screen

I do not have another system to check.

Run the system on a wooden board or something. With it not in the cabinet. Maybe a short-circuit. Check, and let us know.

;-), currently do not have a cabinet, was checking before going ahead and buying one, tested by putting the motherboard on a cardboard box, thinking of re-seating the CPU, but do not have TIM

Last edited:
Tried re-seating the CPU, did not help, it still spins, stops, and the story continues, no way to check if it is a BIOS issue, or if the BIOS is compatible with the processor, however as per the Gigabyte site the processor is supported by F3 BIOS, which is the first version

Well contact the person who sold you proccy and mobo and ask if they were working fine before.
If any of those are in warranty then run to its service center the your issue will be rectified.

2 possible problems i can think of are;
a) It could be a psu problem - try it out on a friend's system if possible to see if its powering it up
b) it may just be the heatsink fan that's damaged and not a defective cpu

What is the basic requirement for the display to appear from a motherboard? will it show the BIOS screen without processor/ram? stupid board does not have a onboard speaker, otherwise could figure out from the beeps

Took a torch and carefully checked the pins, no bent pins, this is so frustrating, most probably will go down to Prime and get a new board alongwith a cabinet

So at a costly expense of getting a new motherboard/ram/psu I was able to resolve the issue

1. Samsung TV's HDMI does not kick in during the BIOS stage, you need an OS for it to work
2. It can only work with VGA option provided Anynet is disabled, once disabled was able to get to the BIOS screen and got it to POST
3. The problem was with one of the RAM modules, my bad luck when I checked with just a single module, that module was the bad one causing the CPU to restart hence could not isolate the issue

Hope it helps somebody in future

Back