Courier Service Feedback

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hello Guys.

I have decided to start this thread so people can share their experiences with different courier services.

So traders can avoid bad courier services and choose better one.

Starting with mine.

Please share your experiences.

=======================

Professional couriers.

Pathetic will be insult to that word.

Number of delays in past.

This time again there is delay.

And by delay it runs in weeks :S

Tracking is joke. They cant track their own parcels.

Website is joke.

Avoid at all cost

------------------------------

Fedex

Too expensive to ship electronic items as you have to declare the value. too much paper work.

But fast delivery and live tracking

Maru Couriers ( DHL frenchaise)

Fast, reliable and recommended.

Professional Couriers:
Highly incompetent...loads of delays and one shattered ccfl :cry:

Blazeflash:
Slightly better than Professional but still incompetent (they called me up AFTER i received my mobo to inform me that they misplaced the parcel :rofl:)

DTDC:
Best experience so far..always guaranteed delivery in less than 48 hrs :hap2:

Professional :

Pro :

Cheap
Cons

Delays..ggrrrrrrrrr
Bad handling...broke one of my CCFLs :mad:
Parcel comes back saying wrong address...even if phone number specified correctly
Un-trackable

Website is a BIG joke

DTDC :

Its been more than a year since i sent thru DTDC..was expensive then..dont know about now....

Next : Blazeflash, DTDC ( based on other ppl's comments :p )

Dtdc

i tried DTDC they used to give me hassles couriering stuff to pune saying pune charges octroi or such and would ask for some extra paperwork..

no hassles sending stuff to other places ;)

other than that once things are on the way no hassles.. maybe darky and appo can vouch for the conditons in which parcels reach them

very fast delivery as well.. sometimes less than 24 hours to reach the destination depending on when u hand in the parcel

bottle said:
i tried DTDC they used to give me hassles couriering stuff to pune saying pune charges octroi or such and would ask for some extra paperwork..

no hassles sending stuff to other places ;)

other than that once things are on the way no hassles.. maybe darky and appo can vouch for the conditons in which parcels reach them

very fast delivery as well.. sometimes less than 24 hours to reach the destination depending on when u hand in the parcel

I tried DTDC they charged the guy receiving the corriour 100 bux and said that I had send the package on a reciver pay something.. :S
I paid fully for the corriour and send it. :S

Sandy said:
I tried DTDC they charged the guy receiving the corriour 100 bux and said that I had send the package on a reciver pay something.. :S
I paid fully for the corriour and send it. :S
wierd .. did you ask them for an explanation at ur end ? you can show the slip or something

it was about 1.5 kg package.. charged me 250/ to pune.
The guy receiving the package had no idea he really though that I set up something like this and paid 100/ 1-2 days latter we come to know that this was simply charged. :mad:
when I asked the local branch about it they said they dont know anything and has to be taken up with the branch in pune.
there was nothing I could do :S it was too late :S

its not about the 100bux but its the way they charged it.. :mad:

funkymonkey said:
i inquired when i was to send the graphic card to switch.
Fedex quoted me Rs.1250 to ship the graphic card from mumbai to delhi/noida :mad:
:O thats a lot.. :no:
goldy
were you charged anyting when you got it?
:nicethrea :nicethrea

Sandy said:
it was about 1.5 kg package.. charged me 250/ to pune.
The guy receiving the package had no idea he really though that I set up something like this and paid 100/ 1-2 days latter we come to know that this was simply charged. :mad:
when I asked the local branch about it they said they dont know anything and has to be taken up with the branch in pune.
there was nothing I could do :S it was too late :S

its not about the 100bux but its the way they charged it.. :mad:
sucks...guess now we have to provide feedback for courier branches as well :p

For Me Blaze Flash Rocks... Have Sent quite a lot of stuff to ppl all over the country with No problems at all...

Pune, Bombay, Mysore, Hydrabad, Chennai etc... Max time taken 48 Hrs... Which is quite nice :)...

KingKrool said:
Has anyone ever tried EMS (Speed post)?
Yes I have.. shipped n received .. works decently well both ways.. only prob is their online tracking aint that gr8..

Professional:
so far so good.. have shipped to many places and items were intact.. shipped items include DVDs, mobo, g-card, CPU.. delivery is usually within 2 days.. their tracking is POS..

First Flight:
Used to rely on these fellas for their assured delivery with in 24 hours.. stopped going to them once 600 bucks went missing from one of the packages..

DTDC:
mixed experience.. twice i had problems when goods were shipped to me.. once some CDs that were in the package went missing.. second time bloody took 20 dyas to deliver.. online tracking works, the second time it was really weird.. the consignment travelled between Pune n Blr 3 times b4 it moved fwd to Mysore :S havent tried shipping with them off late though..

Blaze Flash:
Have had goods shipped to me.. decent.. havent shipped anythign from my end with them yet..

Bluedart:
best and the most expensive of all.. and unlike other places, the guys here charge resaonable amount.. usually it costs me twice what local couriers charge, but peace of mind is assured.. delivery is within 36 hours most of the time.. items i have shipped include CPU, mobo, GPU.. best tracking of all!

a couple of points to note:

- when shipping hardware/electronic goods, most couriers ask for a declaration. I always declare the goods sent are a gift and I usually declare their total worth less than 5k.. thaat 5k suggestion was given by local bluedart guys as once the limit exceeds there is way too much paper work ..

- A better way (and perhaps a safer way, if u r paying taxes) is delcaring that the goods shipped have no commercial value as they are being returned to the party after unrepairable.. hehe..

- always ensure that ur packing is 'pukka.' leave no room for any movement inside the box.. try to ship complete mobo/cpu/gpu boxes in bigger boxes with lotsa stuff for paskaging/cushioning.. this reduces the damage in transit. use lotsa pieces of broken thermocole and old newspapers (crumpled) for packaging..

- never send hard cash thru couriers.. firstly they wont accept it if they know about it, and secondly, they do get to know at checkposts as they have uber scanners.. and if they catch it, its highly likely that ur money is gone for good..

- and last and the most important of all, use anti-static covers to wrap up ur hardware (no pun intended :p).. it helps a gr8 deal..

Professional couriers- POS like everyone else mentinoned. I have lost a DD parcel earlier and there was no explanation on how this happened. Delivery times are dreadful. Looks like they carry their stuff around using bullock-carts.

DTDC - Superb. Never takes more than 2 days for stuff to deliver across any place in the country. Have couriered more than 30 times using DTDC now. Never had a problem once.

EMS speed post - Good. Couriered my headphones to the US a few months back. Reached the person in 6 days. No idea about their local shipping though.

Sandy said:
how much do they charge?

Fedex/Pafex has charged me 100 bucks for shipping large mousepads like the ACI supermat. When I've asked them about shipping a soundcard and PSU, they said about 200 - 250 bucks (although I think the PSU will cost more because of the weight).

Back