Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Discussion Thread

Clap eyes on three in-game shots from Condemned 2: Bloodshot currently putting the frighteners on the internet.

In the sequel, in development for PS3 and Xbox 360, you jump back into the shoes of Ethan Thomas, former Serial Crimes Unit investigator who's been called back to duty to track down his missing partner and to investigate more serial killer nastiness.

Firearms, blunt instruments and an all-new fighting system complete with defensive and offensive combo chains should provide meaty action, and on the cerebral side there's a new set of forensic tools to help solve the mystery of Bloodshot.

Plus, online multiplayer modes - including Deathmatch - are being squeezed in.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot is expected early 2008.

Source:Here!

Screenshots:

Looks good, i never played the first i just thought id tell people about the second:p

wooooo hooooooooooooo condemned 2 finally the 1st one was damn scary and really good looking compared to the X360 version i loved the 1st one cant wait to get my hands on the second one

should be awesome.

condemned 1 was amazing & was 1 of the best games of last year. if not 1 of the alltime greats given very less credit.

Alright I began Condemned 2 yesterday. Unlike the first title, Condemned 2 was released only for the X360 and the PS3. The protagonist Ethan Thomas seemed to have underwent a drastic change during the 11 months of suspension! He's become a lot weary than before, grown hair, beard, become a complete drunkard! I was like WTF when he is portrayed initially during the game. Take a look at the comparison below (courtesy wikia):

167714df98a44b7327.jpg

QTE events seemed to have been included for initiating quick responses. Combat has been refined with combos and finishers but I hate using the L1/R1 keys for combat. Furthermore, one needs to press L3/R3 as well. The usual /\, [ ], X keys could have been better choices for the attacks and block. The usual arsenal returns - sledgehammer, steam pipe, electrical conduit, 2x4 nails/bolts, plastic arm, toilet seats, you name it. Completed 5 chapters and it keeps getting better by the chapter.

It came as a complete shocker to me, when in one of the chapters (SCU Building IIRC), Ethan is asked to undergo some MRI/X-Ray scan and he goes into the machine, and undergoes a complete hallucination sequence to fight some zombies with a security! 10 minutes hence, the sequence ends and he comes out of the machine! It was another WTF! moment!

PS: For PS3 users, this will throw a black screen if you try to run the backup copy from the internal/external drive. Press 'Select' + 'X' to start the game. Just a headsup!

Like the first game, this too had a heart racing sequence:

The bear chasing you within the house. This caught me off guard, just like the manequin store part in the first game.

Nearing the completion of the title. The final chapter remains. The experience by far was awesome. Both the titles have retained that dark theme. But it appears this title has taken blood and gore to a completely different level altogether! Bodies with torsos ripped apart, the rib cage and organs exposed. A headless body. Tonnes of blood splattered around.

Oh and the grizzly..

..gave me fcuking goosebumps with that spooky chase! :fear: The bear caught me a couple of times when I couldn't figure out the way and the death sequence was pretty scary! The moment I step into the house, find the severed limb and investigate it, Rosa confirming saliva, hydrophobia etc. I could relate something with a creature. Besides there were some weird noises to be heard occasionally. That chase was brilliant - gave me the chills. One of the better sequences in the entire game I could add.

Those metal junkies..

..inside the barge as well. The initial chase was good but not as scary as the grizzly one though. Using the magnet to catch them and crush them - I was rejoicing when that happened! :eek:hyeah:

The storyline is pretty intriguing. A must play for those who played the first title. :)

and for those who haven't played the first title, it's all the more reason to try it out right now. It's a pity they didn't bring the sequel on PC. :(

I was monitoring your list and found that this was being shoved aside for some reason. But since it's rainy season and the night atmosphere is great, I love to play spooky games like this. So I figured you might as well complete it. One of the reason why I want to try out Metro 2033 so badly. :p

^Very true. We keep our front and back doors open until we crash for the night. Chilly winds, no lights - perfect to play such titles. :D

But monsoons remind me of Heavy Rain. :( I so loved playing that title during that time. I so wish I could go back in time and play it again.

funkysourav said:
is this game in any way related to the movie of the same name?
Nope. The game belongs to survival/psychological horror genre. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update: Completed the title yesterday. Had a pretty good ending and from the last few chapters, it becomes obvious who is the final boss. The chapter-wise upgrades seemed to be a good addition. Ethan's sonic powers were awesome and ended up using that over assault rifles.

The post-credits sequence suggests a sequel. :)

SKX that bugger is still alive! :mad:

Finally a copy of Condemned 2 arrived yesterday. Was pretty happy at the start but was left very angry at the end.

Right off the bat I faced a problem - Every time the game starts you are informed that an update is available. Naturally I went ahead with the update process which caused the PS3 to beep thrice and reboot. Everytime I tried the same thing happened. I then googled the issue and found it was a known problem and someone had a mentioned a LAN cable trick to resolve the issue or wait till 'OK' glows or wait till you hear 'Sega' and then press 'X'.

Everything failed.

I then decided to skip the update and just play the game without updates. Every time I try to quit the game the PS3 would beep thrice and reboot. I googled for it and found another guy who had the same problem despite the patch. There were no answers to this problem. Frustrated I decided to quit before my PS3 quit on me.

At around 3 A.M. I don't know what struck me and I decided to try again. This time I decided to use the PS3 without internet access hence didn't turn on the router.

At the start there was no notice informing me about a Patch (Obviously).
Started the game fought off a few goons in the training and decided to call it quits.
Quit the game and it quit normally. No resets whatsoever.
Started the game again loaded the first level and again managed to quit without problems.

Conclusion - A very $crewed up game in both ways content-wise and problem wise. Reminded me of the Rajnikanth site but not in a fUntastic way.

Played a bit of it today had to watch F1 for Kimi's sake (I didn't watch qualifying yesterday and he performed very poorly).

Left the solution for the only guy on PS community who was the only one to mention the problem - Link

P.S.: I watched a bit of IPL too during commercial breaks during the race and Sehwag too performed. If you want me to watch over any of your favorite sportsmen/women PM me for my A/C details.

Never faced a single issue on the X360. But the game is definitely good, especially if you like the first game. I really wish they would have brought this on the PC too.

^ Awkwardly I and the other fellow from PS forum were the only guys to get the reset glitch on quit or he was the only to have reported it. Considering his inactivity I guess he found the solution on his own or quit playing the game. Fortunately I found a makeshift solution for myself.

I too would have preferred playing it on PC considering I played the first one on PC and this game makes me jumpy and in that state I make wild moves on the analog stick.

Is it just me or is the game even creepier than the first one? The scariest level in the first game was the department store in the first game (according to me) but here I am in level 1 and everything seems to be covered in tar or black colored slime in pitch black conditions with creatures made of slime or tar wandering around. Scared to think what else this game has to offer...

Is it just me or is the game even creepier than the first one?

It's creepy in the sense that the environment used in the game is very dark and of a foreboding nature. It infuses a great sense of atmosphere just like it's predecessor.

The scariest level in the first game was the department store in the first game (according to me) but here I am in level 1 and everything seems to be covered in tar or black colored slime in pitch black conditions with creatures made of slime or tar wandering around. Scared to think what else this game has to offer...

If you mean the mannequin sequence then yes, that moment was absolutely brilliant. The first time I experienced it, I went blank for a second and thought I was just seeing things. I re-loaded the checkpoint and watched it happen all over again and then it sunk in to be one of the most memorable and by far, the most creepiest moments in a video game. Bloodshot offers one such sequence, but it I wouldn't rate it on the same level as the mannequin one.

If you mean the mannequin sequence then yes, that moment was absolutely brilliant. The first time I experienced it, I went blank for a second and thought I was just seeing things. I re-loaded the checkpoint and watched it happen all over again and then it sunk in to be one of the most memorable and by far, the most creepiest moments in a video game. Bloodshot offers one such sequence, but it I wouldn't rate it on the same level as the mannequin one.

I have only played the first level so it is hard to derive conclusions of how the game is at this point.

Have you tried Silent Hill 4? Just started that game and quit 15-20 minutes into the game. Like the first Condemned it gave me the desperate feeling of trying to survive to escape but for some reason the game just felt evil. The concept itself when you think of it that you are trapped in an apartment with a hole that works as portal itself is scary. Not to mention the intro.

Back