Compress any file to 1KB and BACK..

ok if guys thought that compressing a file from 500 mb to 1mb or watever was great...wat about this....

i say that there is a program out there that has the potential to compress any file to 1KB..

i will not post the file link now... i will post it 24 hrs later... after seeing ur opinions about this....

100% true .... trust me... its a concept being worked upon...

24 hrs... ok..

i hope i am incorrect but i am sensing trojans.... pls be on the look out guys. i am feeling sad that i feel for installing a program called 'kgb' :(

there are theoretical limits to how much you can compress a file

It is important to remember that entropy is a quantity defined in the context of a probabilistic model for a data source. Independent fair coin flips have an entropy of 1 bit per flip. A source that always generates a long string of A's has an entropy of 0, since the next character will always be an 'A'.

The entropy rate of a data source means the average number of bits per symbol needed to encode it. Empirically, it seems that entropy of English text is between .6 and 1.3 bits per character, though clearly that will vary from one source of text to another. Shannon's experiments with human predictors show an information rate of between .6 and 1.3 bits per character, depending on the experimental setup; the PPM compression algorithm can achieve a compression ratio of 1.5 bits per character.

From the preceding example, note the following points:

1. The amount of entropy is not always an integer number of bits.

2. Many data bits may not convey information. For example, data structures often store information redundantly, or have identical sections regardless of the information in the data structure.

Data compression

Entropy effectively bounds the performance of the strongest lossless (or nearly lossless) compression possible, which can be realized in theory by using the typical set or in practice using Huffman, Lempel-Ziv or arithmetic coding. The performance of existing data compression algorithms is often used as a rough estimate of the entropy of a block of data.

Information entropy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sunbiz_3000 said:
:lol: r u kidding me mate!! and all you ppl..being all so intelligent. How come u guys fell for this stuff... It is impossible!!

:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

hey sunny

yaar it actually happened man :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

not compressed to 1kb:p :p
but some more like 2-3 MB

lol...joke...

huh...any file??? hw abt video files...

imposs...

edit:

why cant ou post now thick skull :p

If this is some joke may i suggest some "red" reps.

Well u cant compress ANY file to 1kb for sure
If u take a file in a folder, copy it 100 times and try and compress the folder it will surely have a compression ration of 1:100 or more.
However if u take a file with randomly generated bits, then u will hardly be able to compress it.

Compression(lossless) just removes repetitions in code to reduce size like in a movie the background in each frame remains the same so it need not be repeated again and again in a file.

Every file has a minimum amount of information, it cannot be compressed beyond a certain limit. The more you try to reach the maximum possible compression the more the processing power required for compression and decompression. However you absolutely cannot compress beyond a certain limit.
If that would be possible then we could rar a file, then compress it with kgb , then zip it and so on and we would arrive with only one bit (0 or 1)

If you can compress any file to 1 kb, just try to compress that compressed 1kb=1024 bytes file to 1000 bytes, you can't do it.

Ari_JAI said:
:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

hey sunny yaar it actually happened man :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:
not compressed to 1kb:p :p
but some more like 2-3 MB

What were u compressing just blank pages or some junk in wav audio or what?? Im damn sure no useful data can be compressed from 500Mb to 2-3Mb without data loss.... I know u can do some wav compression or uncompressed avi compression....but he said any file....

It all a crap... u could sell ur compression idea and earn billions if that was true... :rofl:

sunbiz_3000 said:
What were u compressing just blank pages or some junk in wav audio or what?? Im damn sure no useful data can be compressed from 500Mb to 2-3Mb without data loss.... I know u can do some wav compression or uncompressed avi compression....but he said any file....

It all a crap... u could sell ur compression idea and earn billions if that was true... :rofl:

how the damn can i earn when i m not the damn copyright owner damn it y dont u understand dude ! the filez which i was compressin was most of the text files many pictures and many many .mid clipz

and as i hv said this is just experimental ( i dont think u will waste soooooooooooo much of time compressing and decompressing)

but it just shows us the future of data compression
and yes i didn't saw any data loss and how could i sort that out in those text pics and midi filez

if u want a serious compression u can use it
if u dont want any
dont use it
bye sunny

Arihant:)

Back