CM Notepal X1 Laptop Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

clank

Disciple
Got some stuff for sale - all of these are available for pickup from my place (South Delhi) or I can deliver them in the NCR region if convenient for both parties.

1) Cooler Master Notepal X1 Notebook Cooler - SOLD

Purchased around 8-9 months back I guess. Mint condition and will come with bill (and warranty if applicable - don't know), box, documentation.

2) Dell Backpack - SOLD

Got it an year back with my laptop but used only for 2 months. Very good condition.

3) Altec Lansing ATP3 - SOLD

More than 3 years old but work perfectly. Again very good condition with no signs of abuse etc. Should have the box and documentation etc. for it as well.

Offers and lowballing via PM only please.

REVIEW

Overall design features

As mentioned above, the design of the Cooler Master NotePal X1 represents one of its main selling points, since it manages to take care of two different issues at the same time: first of all, it looks rather “alien,†with an X-like shape not encountered in the case of other products, while providing a solid base on which one can place their portable system.

As far as the color option is concerned, I'll have to say that black really does the X1 justice, since that particular color always brings with it a certain sense of elegance and poise. Plus, there's a practical side: it's harder to tell when a black item gets dirty, especially since we're not talking about piano black here. And yes, the black, semi see-through grille that makes up most of the cooler's top surface is also a nice touch, from both visual and functional points of view.

Since we're on the subject of design, it's also important to mention the fact that one can easily adjust the position of the NotePal X1 simply because the device comes equipped with adjustable feet on the bottom side. Sadly, only two different positions are available.

Size and portability

As mentioned right from the start, this thing will have no problems cooling a portable computing system with a maximum size of up to 15 inches, since it measures 365 x 290 x 54 mm (70 mm height, when adjustable feet are extended). However, it is not exactly the type of device you'd want to permanently carry around with you, since it weighs somewhere around 0.73 kilos.

Button and slot placement

Well, this will be one short chapter of our review, because the NotePal X1 has very few buttons and/or slots. In fact, there are no slots, and just two buttons: the power button, which switches the device on or off, and the RPM adjustment wheel, which is used for adjusting the speed of the fan. The power switch is located on the rear side of the cooler, right near the two USB ports, while the RPM wheel can be found on the right side, in an easy to access position.

Connectivity options

While it's rather difficult calling them “options,†the device from Cooler Master does incorporate two USB ports (2.0/1.1 compatible), found on the rear, right-hand side, which are used both for powering the device and as a “USB pass-through,†since, after all, it does eat up one of the USB ports of the computing system it's connected to.

^^ It might cost a fair bit compared to the cost of the cooler to ship it since the box is pretty big. Otherwise, I don't really have any problems shipping it except for the minor inconvenience of having to pack such a big box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back