Monitors cleaning a led monitor

girish925

Adept
my dad accidently cleaned the monitor with water .. some water residue can be seen on the screen when its off.. how to get rid of them whats the best way to clean a led monitor ?

suggestions needed experts ?

Girish

I use MIN cream to clean my monitor.
First, apply the cream with damp cloth, preferably cotton. Then, wipe it in one direction.
And don't put too much pressure.

JUe59uK.jpg

Just use a soft microfibre cloth. Add a few drops of water to a portion of the cloth so its damp, and then use that to clean up the residue. Then use the dry portion of the cloth to wipe off any water streaks.

The simplest method and works as advertised! Microfibre cloths are available for cheap nowadays from Big Bazaar (a pack of three for under 100 Rs) and the likes. The cloth has a slightly rough feel to it when felt using the palm.

Just use a soft microfibre cloth. Add a few drops of water to a portion of the cloth so its damp, and then use that to clean up the residue. Then use the dry portion of the cloth to wipe off any water streaks.

Isn't it better to use distilled water rather than the tap water? (tap water contains salts, which will leave marks and white residue in the monitor).

Old used (white) vests are best alternative for the microfibre cloth. In my case vests work better than microfibre (yes, its lint free too :p).

Tap water does contains some minerals and salts but they are in dissolved form. so wiping the screen off before the water dries is the best way to go. you will see residue only if water stagnates and dries off on its own in hours. then you get those concentric whitish circles at the edges of the drop or spot of water.

The TS got those spots since the cloth used was too wet (probably soaking wet) instead of being damp. The cloth should be squeezed so that there;s no water left in it before wiping the monitor.

Also please avoid using distilled water from battery shops. A battery shop owner said they dilute a very small anount of sulphuric acid in it to prevent formation of dissolved oxygen in it.
I have a can of that distilled water in my home for my inverter battery. It dose smell like there's something added to it. It wont burn your skin, but you can feel that its not normal water by the smell.

Back