PC Peripherals CISS System for Epson TX121

Hello fellow TEers,

I own an Epson TX121 that I had bought with the sole purpose of using a CISS system.

The inbuilt ink cartridges are empty and I want to replace it with a CISS system.

Now I have no clue about which CISS system to buy or how to install it.

Please can you'll suggest which and from where (pref an Ebay link) should I buy the CISS system? Furthermore, which installation guide did you use to perform your installation?

Thanks a million.

:)

plz mention your location
I am based in Mumbai.

I retain a strong preference for this one: http://2.imimg.com/data2/SP/VT/MY-3450288/formujet-ciss-for-epson.pdf

Have used various models for various printers (All Canon, never Epson) however the photo print quality and ink quality is always spot on.

They have MANY more options so do call and ask them!
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. They do installation too I guess?

Was actually thinking of doing the installation myself, but if they do it then its alright.

Hello fellow TEers,

I own an Epson TX121 that I had bought with the sole purpose of using a CISS system.

The inbuilt ink cartridges are empty and I want to replace it with a CISS system.

Now I have no clue about which CISS system to buy or how to install it.

Please can you'll suggest which and from where (pref an Ebay link) should I buy the CISS system? Furthermore, which installation guide did you use to perform your installation?

Thanks a million.

:)

CS14A EMPTY CISS EPSON INKJET PRINTER T11 T13 T10 TX100 TX110 TX300F TX121 73N | eBay for the ciss.

This guy also provides a printed document on how to install it. and you an anyways lookup at youtube. there are tons of installation guides from philippines guys.

Btw, there is also another option. which is refillable cartridges. They are great if you use printer sparingly. they are quite staight forward and no installation hassles.
IC25 REFILLABLE CARTRIDGE EPSON 73N TX111 TX121 TX110 T11 T13 + 500ml ink | eBay

btw, there is one more thing. the ink provided in the above is "dye" based ink and NOT "pigment" ink. its good for day to day color print outs. but if you use this ink to print photos, they will fade away in a month. on the other hand dye based inks never clog the nozzles.

if you want print photos, buy genuine cartridges or look for "pigment" ink or "durajet" ink. you can also checkout at http://splashjet.co.in/ call the guy and buy what ever ink you are interested.

I do actually use the printer sparingly. But, why are refillable cartridges a better option if printer is used sparingly? Any particular advantage over CISS?

^well, its easy to move the printer around. and no installation stuggle. the ink pipes not getting in the way of printing etc...

Splashjet is good.
I bought my system from them for my Tx121.
I don't know if they give service all over mumbai.

CISS system + 400ml ink = 1300/-
installation 200/- extra. you can do it too.

@windhawk91, I also have TX121 and am using refillable cartridges and I think if you are going to use your printer sparingly as you said then better to go with refillable option, it's easier to move (as booo said) and no fuss of installing the CISS

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for the valuable feedback.

I have decided to go with the Refillable Ink Cartridges, because I do not use my printer that often.

One doubt in my mind is, where do you buy ink from to refill the cartridges?

^the link I provided includes the dye based ink bottles along with it. otherwise you can buy ink from the same guy or go to splashjet.co.in or search ebay for pigment based inks. they are always available.

@booo Thanks a lot for all your inputs.

I will use the dye based ink provided by them first. Once that gets over, I will buy pigment based from splashjet.

Yes, he will come and fit the CISS or the Refillable Kit as you may want. Nominal charge for onsite visit, has dealers all over Mumbai as well, so you can go pick up.

I am based in Mumbai.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. They do installation too I guess?

Was actually thinking of doing the installation myself, but if they do it then its alright.

Are CISS compatible with limited models or all models can be run with CISS..

I've an older printer HP 920c & I am looking for a CISS for this printer...

^ciss cartridges are built with a modified chip to confuse the computer to think that the ink is always full. these are called autoreset chips. so, to answer your question, yes they are made for limited no of models. thats why epson printers are famous.

^.. There is a CISS model with cartridges on sale on the internet for HP 78 + HP 15 but I am unable to find them locally.. Also its selling for ~2.5-3.5k... Should I drop the idea & instead start saving for a newer MFP with CISS available...

HP 920c is built like a rock & even after ~10 years it never failed me.. The print quality of this printer is also awesome that's why I'm reluctant.. Right now I am refilling the original cartridges with OCP inks but that ought to fail sometime..

@axeman, @booo, @geek ashish

Guys please help me get a CISS for my Epson TX 121.
First of all do you guys know of any person who can visit to Navi Mumbai and install it or any shop in navi mumbai which does CISS ?.
Secondly I also use the scanner, will installing CISS containers obstruct the use of my scanner?.

Also can someone tell me the Cost Per Page?. It is very critical as Am looking at some 500-800 pages per month.

Please help me out as I need to get this system up soon,
thanks

^if you are worried about installation and ciss obstructing etc... you should go for refillable cartridges. that way you wont have to worry much. 500-800 pages a month means one cartridge refill which boils down to 8-10ml per month on a rough scale (1.2ml of ink per full page photo printout). what you get is like 100mlX4 ink bottles for around Rs.600 so do your math :)

Back