PC Peripherals CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) Can I do this ? how ?

G@d of w@r

Skilled
Hi guys. one of my friend staying abroad has done this to printer. he siad its called CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System)

Can i do that stuff with my printer? (HP C5288 all in one)

For your reference attached a picture below. it looks something like that.

PS: Also heard these stuffs in india. (some years back but didnt bothered to cuz the usage of printer was less)

Its about costing...

These stuff costs $30 abroad and with full ink tanks.. which is the cost of one cartridge :p and the cost of CISS 1/20th of original cartridge as this tank capacity is of holding up 25-30 cartridges inks :O

G@d of w@r said:
^^ Thanks man.. repped :D any other person have seen CISS in action? and where at lamington road i can buy that?

most of the printing press use the similar things.. they cant afford to buy new cartridges all the time... so they use this thng..
contact nearby print press which prints certificates n stuff...they will direct u to the right service in ur locality.

Google to the rescue.

Contact Info via the cached version of the site:

SplashJet Print Technologies

A/104, Jai Matadi Compound

Kallher Village, Taluka Bhiwandi

District Thane

Maharashtra 421302 INDIA

Telephone: 02522 - 645093 / 645515

Mobile: 91- 9225148577 / 9322810660
I have interacted with the owner. His name is Sishir. You can call them up and inquire.

SumitB said:
Google to the rescue.

Contact Info via the cached version of the site:

SplashJet Print Technologies

A/104, Jai Matadi Compound

Kallher Village, Taluka Bhiwandi

District Thane

Maharashtra 421302 INDIA

Telephone: 02522 - 645093 / 645515

Mobile: 91- 9225148577 / 9322810660
I have interacted with the owner. His name is Sishir. You can call them up and inquire.

Even i had Bought my Office Printer CISS from here its Near to thane station

Its was ard 1.7k or 1800 With INK

They charge for Fitting and delivery at your place extra ( if yo want ) or can go there and collect

@6pack:- I have asked my printer service man abt these systems, he sources these from indigo systems in mumbai..
Says the prices-1.8k to 4k dependign on the printer but generally its 2k about.
Problems:- 1) cartridges come with a chip these days, says after some time it shows cartridge empty adn u need to change the chip ~rs.400.
2) says the head of the printer needs servicing after abt 1.5k to 2.5k prints depending on your luck.
3) these ink bottle cost abt 250 per bottle..Dont remember exact figure but he tole that these wil print abt 2k pages..
4) These can be fitted in new epson printers which retail at 2k. but the problem of changing the head is there as epson doesnt have printer head in the cartridge as hp and others have.
5) lastly there is chip problem also, but i hav found a program that claims to reset the chip counter in epson, dunno how valid it is..

Above is all that i cud get out of him without comitting to buy from him:p

Even im looking for something that can print cheap and work on an inverter as a make shift xerox machine...
If the CISS works out well and is cheap might as well go for it..
I have seen it working at few places but these guys had no idea abt it, seems the it guy comes and manages it..

I buy the inks either in 100ml bottles or larger pack (also available in 500ml or 1000ml) and use a 10ml disposable syringe to refill the cartridge in my home. It's very easy to do - just peel off the top sticker on the cartridge - identify the hole for refilling - insert the needle of the syringe filled with ink and slowly fill it (about 8-10 ml is required). Replace the sticker. It cost me Rs. for a HP 27 black cartridge refill.

You will get warning from the printer that ink level is low when you try to print - just ignore that - print till the printout starts to get faded slightly and refill again. For best result don't let the cartridge get completely dry.

You can refill a cartridge (HP ones with built in print head) a certain number of times - about 3-4 times I'd say. After that as it wears off - you need to replace it.

Its not really wise using CISS inks. My suggestion to you is to use HP original inks. A recent independent study done by HP revealed Original HP Inks give 2.4 times more prints than refills, while one in three of all refilled cartridges tested were either Dead On Arrival or failed prematurely. Check out this site http://alturl.com/5yed

Back