Buying the Galaxy Grand today - Any alternatives?

@deepakvrao We need more info to help you out. There are a thousand phones that are cheaper than the Grand, but may not suit your requirements. For starters, check out the Galaxy S Advance. Please fill the template given in the sticky in this forum and post it here.

@freakabhishek Hardly. There are better options than the Grand, if you take out dual sim out of the equation.

Last edited by a moderator:
20K budget. Was looking at the Grand as it is a large screen with lower res, so [I think] the text and icons will be larger than a similar screen with higher res. Am I right?

Also, the Grand is JB out of the box.

So, 20K, large screen, with JB, no need for dual SIM. Any other suggestions?

Good brand.

If you don't mind a MMX, then why not try for the Canvas HD. Screen looks really good. Bought one some days back. Not really used it much, but have not heard of any lag. Also costs just 15K. Services are pretty good also. It has a large screen, jb out of box, 1 gb ram but very little storage of only 1.7Gbs of usage. Also the camera is bad(Compared to the Note II. which is not really a comparison, have not compared it to the Grand).

I dont know why people are saying that grand is laggy?
Grand is almost now lag free. It has got lots of updates and all the issues have been rectified by the samsung.
Latest indian firmware is amcd and added one hand operations like note 2.
Display is not that bad too. Believe me, I have used samsung wave 1 with amoled screen. But I dont find too much difference. Also I wont ignore grand with premium fearure set of s3 and note 2.

Not sure about lags but Grand definitely sucks in terms of display. 800x480 on 5inch is fail. You can easily see separated pixels. Icons will look huge and ugly which sucks. Why not go with SGS3 instead (comes for around 25k with 15% cashback).. SGS3 is anytime better than Grand in terms of specs.

Back