Camera Budget flash for Canon 1000D

Parv

Adept
I'm looking for an external flash for 1000D.

Built-in flash feels less powered many a times specially during indoor photography.

Budget: Cheapest possible option :)

Pour in your suggestions, TIA.

No suggestion??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

"cheapest possible" wudnt be any better than the pop up flash...

wat will be ur application?

do u just want a stronger on-camera flash or want to try stuff like off-camera flash/wireless triggering?

I also need one - for my 550D.

The stock one is not powerful. Besides, for me, its the inability to bounce and/or diffuse which is pushing me to buy an external one. Although I am confused on What would a good flash for newbies - Manual or Automatic? Looks like flash photography is an entirely different world - probably I need to read more.

Probably I will save and buy 430EX II .

See these -

http://www.techenclave.com/topic/490049-budget-flashgun-discussion/

Around 2.5 K

- http://www.linkdelight.com/E4M-GODOX-TT520-Speedlite-ThinkLite-Electronic-Flash-Speedlite.html

- Also look for Proplus TT900 (Search 'Great manual flash in 2.5k' at JJM forum)

- All time fav - http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-ourproduct.php?category=1.Flash

I have bought a Nissin Di 622 mkII for 7k, and feel its a very good flash. Worth every penny, it has ETTL, if you arent a guy who fiddles around the manual settings a lot, then you should at the least buy a flash with ETTL.

7k lools a bit high for me ATM.

I need a budget flash, ok for beginners, never used any flash not even borrowed.

No idea about what we should look in a flash. Any pointers would be helpful.

BTW iirc we bought the 1000D around the same time. What more have you added to your kitty?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

He has a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8 along with a Nissin Di 622 flash.
<

BTW a flash lasts for decades. Better to save up and get the Nissin than be stuck with a cheap flash with barely any functionality.

^^ I wouldnt really go for the lower end flash, as some of them seem to fry the hotshoe bracket if the power specifications do not match. In fact Canon insist you use their brand flashes. There are cheaper options available in the Sunpack or so brand for 5.5k,but at 1.5k you get ETTL on Nissin and hence a much better VFM.

I have bought a 50mm prime, and a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 since my cam purchase

^^ I wouldnt really go for the lower end flash, as some of them seem to fry the hotshoe bracket if the power specifications do not match. In fact Canon insist you use their brand flashes. There are cheaper options available in the Sunpack or so brand for 5.5k,but at 1.5k you get ETTL on Nissin and hence a much better VFM.

I have bought a 50mm prime, and a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 since my cam purchase

Dada, you seem to be the lucky one to have got the Nissin MkII for that price or its really cheap in Mumbai. Smartshoppers have it listed at 8k and the cheapest I found on eBay when Brendon told me about this at the meet was 8.5k. Now I can't find a listing for any less than 11k
<

Code:
^^ Call up Zuber (Ultra Photo Stores) at 022-22653300/22615151/65027609

If its available, I can pick it up and send with Vince...

Vivitar 285HV - its more powerful than any of the higher end canons and costs 4k. No E-TTL though and once you start learning to use a flash properly, all you need to control is the power. E-TTL is mostly not used.

Code:
^^ Call up Zuber (Ultra Photo Stores) at 022-22653300/22615151/65027609

If its available, I can pick it up and send with Vince...

Metz ordered and on the way sire!
<

Vivitar 285HV - its more powerful than any of the higher end canons and costs 4k. No E-TTL though and once you start learning to use a flash properly, all you need to control is the power. E-TTL is mostly not used.

A very valid suggestion. Extremely good and recommended manual flash

Come to think of it, I am using manual most of the times as ETTL is a hit or miss with bouncing the flash. However the flash has wireless TTL too, which I have not tried as no commander mode on my camera, but its good for off the camera creative light shots.

Back