BSNL WiMax Rates Announced

Is the BSNL Wimax service available in Pune ???

If yes then can anyone please provide me some telephone number where i can contact these BSNL guys ?

512 kbps + unlimited usage @ Rs.999 seems good but the device is too expensive.

edit: rental for device is really gr8! just Rs.30/- + Rs.40/- for CPE; Total rent = Rs.1069(999 + 30 + 40 )

raksrules said:
Is the BSNL Wimax service available in Pune ???
If yes then can anyone please provide me some telephone number where i can contact these BSNL guys ?

Im also looking for the same here ..

Is there any FAIR USAGE POLICY in 512kbps Unlimited Plan ? Can anyone confirm this ?

major9 said:
BSNL has announced the new rates of its WiMax service.

:: BSNL WiMax ::

Wish they would call it WiMin instead of WiMax. Yesterday Google announced a 1Gbps fiber network to the home. Indian ISPs are still bouncing along at less than a thousandth of that speed and calling it broadband. What a crock!

Actually its not bad at all.

Don't buy the costly WiMAX CPE devices, just pay monthly rent for them (30 + 40).

999 + 30 + 40 + 132 (12.36% tax) = Rs 1201

Paying Rs.1200/month for 512 kbps unlimited is kinda okay.

I long for the time when one would get 1mbps unlimited within 1k/month but i guess its not gonna happen at least for the next couple of years.

@vasim21 : no FUP at BSNL, as far as i know.

WiMax should reduce the BB rates in India. The problem with India is laying of the cables. People are spread over a large area which is why the BB rates are up.

If the initial rates are these it should surely go down in time.

Btw. can BSNL WiMax be used on the go ?

well there is no use in talking about poor condition of isp's in this country

someone keep this thread updated with reviews about hot much speed you get i might change over to wimax if the speed is good.

Hi, could anyone let me know the contact details to get Bsnl wimax, I tried in yerwada bsnl office but no one know what is WIMAX all they know is EVDO and wired internet. I am planning to take this connection for viman nagar so could anyone help me with the contact number?

Back