Borderlands - Discussion Thread

Borderlands PC Unplayable for Early Buyers

PC owners who managed to snag a legitimate retail PC copy of Borderlands early are being forced to wait until its official release date to begin playing.

Boardlands' required online activation won't be ready to go until the PC release date of October 26 in North America, and October 30 internationally. Gearbox and publisher 2K are aware of the problem, but unfortunately nothing can be done to help early buyers.

"It is not possible for us to move the planned release date of the game forward," 2K Community Manager Elizabeth Tobey wrote. "We could not possibly get the games into stores worldwide and out for digital distribution any earlier than planned.

Tobey noted only less than 1% of PC titles were sold early, and unlocking the game earlier than planned would likely lead to the release of illegal torrents.

"I am sure all of you want our PC launch to be as successful as possible, and we simply won't be able to manage that any earlier than already planned," she added.

If you are one of the few who is now forced to wait, don't fret! You can always follow the self-proclaimed greatest Bordlands fan on Twitter until then.

Source: ign.com

In about 5 hours Borderlands will release.... 26th Oct 2009

I watched the review and really liked the game graphics....

[youtube]Ip5o1TcIrFg[/youtube]

Frankly I wanna try a new multiplayer game and COD MW 2 is out of question now :p.... so anyone on steam planning to buy this game as I would like to try this in multiplayer mode

not going to get it on steam as it's too expensive, but i'm waiting for the retail release here. it will be priced at 699, which is quite decent. expected to release late this week or next week.

the game has leaked over the internet and from what i read on other sources , the multiplayer part is free ,just need to make a gamespy account...this kinda sux because the sales will get affected.

wooooooooooooo playing the single player ...awesome environment toonish style and game is just pretty bang bang and i love it ... get some time for MP guys

Borderlands - The last straw

Hi, i will provide my system spec's as follows and narrate my woeful tale.

Power Supply - Corsair VX450
Motherboard - Abit IP35-e
RAM - 4 X 1GB(800mhz DDR2)
Video Card - ATI 4870(512MB)
Hard Drive - 500GB(SATA)
Operating system - Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit sp1

I was installing Borderlands on my system when a power blackout shutdown my system since i lack a sufficient power back up.
I turned on the PC as soon as the power came on attempted to uninstall through add/remove programs but i kept getting errors. since it was a partial install.
I went into the system registry and manually removed it. The path is as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432No***microsoft/windows/uninstall/currentversion/uninstall
I cleared Temp.
I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information and cleared the folder there as well.
I cleared the folder here as well :C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Installshield.
after assuming that all traces of the game have been eradicated.
I attempted a reinstall. The install is fine till I click on the final confirmation to install the game after which it installs in a rapid speed of around 10 secs after which the install minimizes to the taskbar and i am unable to open it. leaving the minimized install alone for several hours and attempting several reinstalls and restarts. All of my efforts were to no avail. I am unable to use system restore as i did not have the foresight to create a restore point now or ever..
I humbly request for any support into this matter.
Thank you,
Ben Anra

Back