PC Peripherals blue screen shutdown :(

blowebug

Disciple
my pc gets restart weneva i'm using internet with blue screen error ..need solution.thanx in advance ...
<

is your antivirus updated? do you have any anti malware software installed?

Note: Dont use sms lingo in your posts. Such posts will disappear.

processor:intel Core2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

memory :2gb RAM

os- win7 32bit

gpu:9800gt 512

and wEN I PLAY GAMes LIKe modERN WARFARe 3 it doESN'T restarts ...IS IT A SOFTWARE or hardware probs ?thnx

and i have avast updated AV and no anti malware installed.

Seems some kind of software issue to me, as the problem is triggered once you try to get online.

Can you post a Hijack this scan log ??

Try the simple things first:

1. Update all drivers.

2. Patch your Windows build fully.

3. Latest drivers for the accelerator.

4. Run a MEMTEST on the RAM.

Are you getting any BSOD dumps..?

thnx guyz ...i tried updating but didn't worked but figured out it was due to ..."u torrent" which was crashing .uninstalled and problem solved .
<
guyz tell me @asingh wat kind of job u are doing that you can afford high config PC. .suggestions:how can i get 1 too
<

i have

core2duo 2.66ghz

2gb ram

500gb hdd

nvidia 9800 gt512

if utorrents crashing, theres probably some issue with it not being able to access your HDD properly. coz utorrent is such a small and light software, it should not keep crasing like this.. either, you have too many large file active torrents at a single time, which is overloading the disk. if this happens, in the utorrent status bar, it displays a message "disk overloaded 100%".

first of all, if you've too many active torrents at a time, try removing all of them except a max of 2 to 3.

try changing the utorrent options to control how utorrent writes the downloaded files to your disk. enable the option so that utorrent uses disk cache for writing, and enable the option to write out finished pieces immediately, and even check the option to write out untouched blocks every 2 minutes.

and do you know if your HDD is working in SATA or IDE mode?? if it is in IDE mode, i will strongly recommend to switch over to SATA. ie. if the HDD is connected via a SATA cable.

what do you mean by ide mode in a sata hdd ?. Are you referring the ahci mode as sata mode ?

what do you mean by ide mode in a sata hdd ?. Are you referring the ahci mode as sata mode ?

AHCI mode is basically sata mode..

AHCI is used in AMD computers whereas SATA for Intel. SATA means Serial ATA interface, AHCI means Advanced Host Controller Interface. Its basically the same thing, but AMD calls it AHCI instead of SATA.

Ide mode in SATA HDD means, that the bios has an option of IDE emulation for SATA HDD's. so basically, if you are using an OS which does not have SATA drivers, the bios runs in IDE emulation mode. the HDD is still connected via the SATA cables but in IDE emulation mode it doesnt provide the full performance that SATA is capable of.

IDE mode is the older mode that you will find in older computers only these days. with the big wide ribbon cable. whereas the SATA cable is thin.

So you mean AHCI and sata mode are one and the same. Then why isnt it support in WINDOWS XP (even in SP3). AHCI is supported only under windows 7 natively....

Also is there any benefit in using AHCI mode rather than SATA mode ?. Any disk performance especially in booting and file transfer speeds ?

I do agree that SATA mode is actually ATA emulation mode and AHCI mode is actually SATA mode. But there is not much a difference between both of them except for an SSD. The NCQ is also benefecial for RAID and very little it does in a SATA HDD. So it is not an advantage atleast at the moment where the price of the SSDs are on the higher side.

So you mean AHCI and sata mode are one and the same. Then why isnt it support in WINDOWS XP (even in SP3). AHCI is supported only under windows 7 natively....

Also is there any benefit in using AHCI mode rather than SATA mode ?. Any disk performance especially in booting and file transfer speeds ?

native support for SATA HDD's started from windows 7. windows xp natively did not have any drivers to support SATA HDD's. if you wanted to install xp in SATA mode during a fresh clean install, either you need to have a floppy disk drive to load the drivers from it after the setup loads, or you need to embed the driver into the installation itself which can be done using free softwares available online.

OR

there is a tutorial here on TE which explains how to switch your existing windows xp to start using your HDD in SATA mode. it requires a registry edit and installation of the driver for SATA.

and yes, in SATA or AHCI mode, you will not only get better transfer speeds, but the overall performance of the HDD improves as the input and output of data is managed more efficiently.

* And once the registry edit is done in XP, you need to restart and switch your HDD mode to SATA from your BIOS menu.

a very good software which i used to insert the SATA drivers in the XP installation was nlite. you can directly insert the drivers in the image of the XP setup, or any other drivers that you like and softwares too, so that when you install that version of xp, everything is installed by default.

its very useful to make a setup for your rig, so that when you format your pc, you need not install any drivers separately. you can just insert the drivers, and when you install, all the drivers are installed along with it.

Back