Security Software Bit defender Or Kaspersky IS

amit25589

Disciple
Just opened a thread to know which antivirus is better bit defender or kaspersky IS

People who use Bit defender please respond .

U need to install antivirus on 10 pcs and both of i m getting at the same pricing.

also considered quick-heal but its way too costly.:mad:

Havent used Bit Defender but can Vouch for KIS. Have used with both *ahem* keys initially and now using with a legit key.

The only downer is the full system scan which consumes a lot of CPU and memory. But then You are not gonna do it daily.

My advice will be to schedule it at the end of the working week. It also has an option to turn off computer when scan completes.

SO that will come in handy for a weekly scan.

I will vote for kaspersky, using it for years, and no virus yet. Their latest engine 11.0.1.400 is awesome, you can grab a 30 day trial from their website, and use it. You will feel the difference.

I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 (Been a loyal legit user of it since 2009) no virus since then before that have used Norton Internet Security, MCAfee, Quick Heal etc they all have failed me.

Others that I;ve found to be awesome in order are..

Eset Smart Security (Next year I am gonna try this one)

Kaspersky Internet Security

Spyware Doctor.

If the PC's will have internet access , try Panda Cloud Antivirus (Pro) , I am using the free one and it's very good . In online mode , NO other antivirus can have as exhaustive a definition database as it has .

Alternatively , if you want a non cloud one , then I'd recommend Microsoft Security Essentials (If the PC's have genuine windows , its free and very decent) .

ESET is also very good . I tried the latest versions of KIS and Bitdefender (there were some free key giveaways) and found both way too bloated

P.S. - Stay away from quickheal

I've been using ESET Smart Security for a few years now, on all my PCs. Never failed me once. (TW)

It's got a nice clean interface, a low footprint, plenty of features and is downright effective. You also have periodic virus definition updates.

In addition to ESET's arsenal, you could also do with programs like Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware, for complete security.

Oh yes, the prices are quite reasonable.

My vote goes to Bitdefender .....

using it since 2006 .. very effective , no virus intrusions or trojans etc .... in my old system it took some resources but peace of mind is first than any other things.
With new C2d systems I don't have any problems , no slow start ups or anything

KIS 2011 is the way to go, IMHO. I have using Kaspersky since 2008, never felt any virus problems but KIS 2011 is system hog but it's better to have peace of mind. For low cpu usage, NOD32 is the best. And for free, Avira is the best.

Back