Budget 15-20K Best midrange android phone

mohit1981

Disciple
Hi,

I am want to buy the multimedia android smart phone with screen size of more than 4".

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 14k-18K
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: NA
3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT, Amoled
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Want to buy only Samsung (or sony) phone.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Reasonable front and back camera.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, wifi.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails, multimedia and internet.
10. Any other requirements?
A: More features the better.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Samsung Galaxy S advance

Please advise the best phone available with above requirement...

S advance has got a pentile amoled display which hasnt got a good enough resolution.Why not add 3-4k and get nexus4.It is definitely a high end droid.

Nexus 4 is great phone but some time people do need more than 12.5 GB space in their device..

The whole HD season of any popular show is around 20GB in size..

OP why not source any good mobile from state if warranty does not matter to you?...

Nexus 4 is great phone but some time people do need more than 12.5 GB space in their device..

OP why not source any good mobile from state if warranty does not matter to you?...
Nexus 4 also doesn't support OTG... Micromax A116 HD is a very good phone, which has OTG support too... Apart from Micromax's Bad service, this phone would be best suited for you..

S advance has got a pentile amoled display which hasnt got a good enough resolution.Why not add 3-4k and get nexus4.It is definitely a high end droid.
From where can I buy nexus 4 in India? I would be interested in 8GB version, if it has expandable memory.
Flipkart is only taking pre-order for 16GB version.

Unfortunately I do not have any relative or friends in US. It is very expensive to purchase from sites like amazon and ship to India.[DOUBLEPOST=1368636263][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nexus 4 also doesn't support OTG... Micromax A116 HD is a very good phone, which has OTG support too... Apart from Micromax's Bad service, this phone would be best suited for you..
what is OTG?

From where can I buy nexus 4 in India? I would be interested in 8GB version, if it has expandable memory.
Flipkart is only taking pre-order for 16GB version.

Unfortunately I do not have any relative or friends in US. It is very expensive to purchase from sites like amazon and ship to India.[DOUBLEPOST=1368636263][/DOUBLEPOST] what is OTG?

First and last nexus 4 don't have expandable memory so never buy 8 GB model go with 16 GB so you can have 12 GB usable ..

I will advice you go with lG optimus l9..

Thanks Manucic, but I would prefer to go with Samsung or Sony.

How about Samsung S advance which comes with amoled screen, 16 GB internal memory and has also got JB update? It comes with reasonable price tag of 12-13k. I would be mainly using it (apart from normal calling, ofcourse) for casual browsing, taking photos & videos, whatsapp, listening to music, watching video clips ( not movie) and games like temple run, fruit cutter.

Apart from it I would also like to consider Sony xperia L ( as also suggested by shadow 747).

Xperia L is obviously superior to S advance.You just have to decide if the difference is worth it.For daily usage,both phones should work.Why dont you go to a shop and compare their displays side by side.I personally find the s advance display bad.Pixels are clearly visible.(it has a pentile amoled).Both have jellybean so shouldnt be a problem there.

One of my friend has Galaxy S advance and I am pretty ok with its display. I went to some home shops and they said this phone has now been discountinued ( though flipkart is still selling it.)

As per them Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro is updated version of this phone. Please advise on its overall performance and is it worth going with this phone? (Samsung galaxy grand is approx. 3k more than this.)

As per the specification, Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro has micro sim slot. So, does this mean that I need to get the new sim from my service provider? Also is the micro sim card easily available if we go abroad and have to get local sim card?

Back