Best ISP in Thane

Doofus

Disciple
Hi Guyz
I am currently using MTNL Unlimited 750 Plan, but since 2 weeks my connection is down and all i see is a yellow triangle with the message "No internet". Want to chnage my ISP. I live in Thane East.
I searched a bit and found the folloiwng options :
1) 1 &1 Broadband---- Does anyone know how is the service ??
2) Fivenet - Read a lot of reviews on the net saying its da fastest, but still skeptical about it.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
My primary usages are downloading music, movies etc .

2) Fivenet - Read a lot of reviews on the net saying its da fastest, but still skeptical about it.

I have same ISP for my secondary net connection in suburb at 15 KMs distance from Thane. Using it from almost 10 months. Its good one. Currently, I m using their 10Mbps-40GB-Rs.2400/year plan. 1Mbps unlimited for a year is for 5300 IIRC.

Any idea bout You Telecom or any other ISP. Fivenet has an office in Thane west wagle estate area. I live in Thane east.
Contacted 1&1 Broadband . They said they have service in Thane east.

No idea about other two mentioned

Any idea bout You Telecom or any other ISP. Fivenet has an office in Thane west wagle estate area. I live in Thane east.
Contacted 1&1 Broadband . They said they have service in Thane east.

I have same ISP for my secondary net connection in suburb at 15 KMs distance from Thane. Using it from almost 10 months. Its good one. Currently, I m using their 10Mbps-40GB-Rs.2400/year plan. 1Mbps unlimited for a year is for 5300 IIRC.

How is the stability of 5net?, you get constant speeds?
also i have head it auto dissconects after 2gb of download, is that true?

AFAIK, 5net is the best in mumbai.

Haven't heard of the 2 gb thing.

I wanted 5net sadly it aint available in andheri west.

How is the stability of 5net?, you get constant speeds?
also i have head it auto dissconects after 2gb of download, is that true?

I use it only for surfing and connection to my router, so as to connect Laptops, iPad and cell phones. Speeds are good. I have not yet downloaded any file with size as large as in GBs. Exact name here in my town is SSV-NBC / ~D-VOIS. I have only one list for all that prices. Annual rates for unlimited connections are as follows 512Kbps - 4K, 1Mbps - 5.3K, 1.5Mbps - 7.8K , 2Mbps - 10K and 3Mbps - ~15-16K.

P.S. I m not in any way linked with them :p

I use it only for surfing and connection to my router, so as to connect Laptops, iPad and cell phones. Speeds are good. I have not yet downloaded any file with size as large as in GBs. Exact name here in my town is SSV-NBC / ~D-VOIS. I have only one list for all that prices. Annual rates for unlimited connections are as follows 512Kbps - 4K, 1Mbps - 5.3K, 1.5Mbps - 7.8K , 2Mbps - 10K and 3Mbps - ~15-16K.

P.S. I m not in any way linked with them :p

If you check up at their site here they also have a 10mbps plan http://www.fivenetwork.com/our-serv...i-city/mumbai-city-high-speed-offer-plan.html

for a year that is 14k, pretty good

Hi Guyz
I am currently using MTNL Unlimited 750 Plan, but since 2 weeks my connection is down and all i see is a yellow triangle with the message "No internet". Want to chnage my ISP. I live in Thane East.
I searched a bit and found the folloiwng options :
1) 1 &1 Broadband---- Does anyone know how is the service ??

Any other suggestions are welcome.
My primary usages are downloading music, movies etc .

I am a 1&1 broadband user for past 6 months. I paid Rs. 8999/- for 4mbps 1 year plan. Their service was extraordinarily good when I subscribed but not for the past 2 months. Their standard has gone down a bit. Still I always get full speeds for download as well as upload. Also downtimes arent much, mostly power outage related. Torrents arent throttled. You could subscribe to them on a monthly basis at the start and then if you find their service satisfactory then go in for a yearly plan.

i was searching for the fivenet service in my area and found out that the service is beign provided by none other than Dlphion Infonet which also provides 1&1 broadband service.
Even the email and the website were of 1&1 .... So can it be concluded that fivenet and 1&1 have the same provider........

1&1 broadband is very good. got it from almost a year on 1MB prepaid plan...never down, and support is quite good. there were one or two occasions when it was down, but the support knew it was down and were prompt to respond ton ETA. speed is consistent. I paid 4500/- for 1 year !MB Unlimited plan[DOUBLEPOST=1372266874][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW I am at Majiwada

i would want to try for a month first before committing to a 1 yr plan.... gonna call up the dealer tomm to come and install at my home

I am a 1&1 broadband user for past 6 months. I paid Rs. 8999/- for 4mbps 1 year plan. Their service was extraordinarily good when I subscribed but not for the past 2 months. Their standard has gone down a bit. Still I always get full speeds for download as well as upload. Also downtimes arent much, mostly power outage related. Torrents arent throttled. You could subscribe to them on a monthly basis at the start and then if you find their service satisfactory then go in for a yearly plan.

I paid 4500/- for 1 year 1MB unlimited plan. What download speeds you get? (I get 150-200kb, but that is consistent unlike 5net which used to vary a lot.)

Doofus where do you stay in thane east?

I also stay in thane east and i am using Intec net. Usually the service is good but for the past week the services has gone down to the dogs.

They haven't revised the plans since jan 2012. Too bad joister is not available in my area and i too have renewed this 5 mbps plan for the 2nd consecutive year.

Btw intec is available @ 1 mbps @ 1000± pm. They don't have more than 3 mbps ul plan. Dunno how someone was using 47 mbps plan as mentioned in his siggy.

5net office in wagle estate is not functioning anymore. They provide only Honesty Net in Louiswadi. And it sucks.

Back