Best Inverter AC in India? Edit: Bought Sharp AH-XP18MV (AC discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! That ^installation does look a bit out of place. :(

Any particular reason why those technicians did not cut the hole on the wall behind the indoor unit? To hide the coolant lines and the condensed water outlet line, this is generally considered to be the easiest way. Now that it is done already, removing it and redoing it will be a pain. Not to mention extra charges and efforts!

I've seen these Gujjus here (no offense :rolleyes:) do such installations and what they do to hide those lines are, to use wooden boxes on either sides to cover it up. It may not be possible in every case to route the lines from behind the indoor unit so they choose to do it this way. Call a carpenter and build a nice wooden paneling on the either side of the indoor unit and paste some decor (wallpaper?) over it instead of painting it. The front panel can be screwed using countersunk screws so it can be removed for future maintenance. That's the best I can think of. If you do it symmetrically on either sides (doing it on the right side will be pointless but will look a notch better IMO), will lend it a better look.

Here's how the installations were done in my home (@ Palakkad) bedrooms. Not inverter models, basic 1t Pannys. Snaps were clicked on the day of the housewarming before we moved in with the furniture! :p

JTx96wl.jpg

JP3XRwk.jpg

1Rm9Aip.jpg

The outdoor unit rests on the window's sunshade above the window so the length of the coolant lines are minimal and they are mounted on some 10thk Neoprene pads to minimise the vibrations. All the lines including the electrical cable entry is hidden from the inside. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1364095379][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats the thin pipe running from the top of the AC?

I think that flat conduit houses all the electrical cables going into the indoor unit.

Wow super neat! For a second with the bright blue wall paint and all I was wondering if that was a 3D rendering :eek: Wheres the electrical socket/switch for the AC?

Any particular reason why those technicians did not cut the hole on the wall behind the indoor unit? To hide the coolant lines and the condensed water outlet line, this is generally considered to be the easiest way.
I'm not at home so dunno what they've done. I was under the impression the house already had properly placed pre-cut holes and should be a cakewalk, not sure why these are all over the place. How do they seal up the hole after installation? Won't the IDU be in the way?

Trust Daikin to call R32 "new" :eek: . R410a already contains R32. Its a mix of difluoromethane (R-32) and pentafluoroethane (R-125). Pentafluoroethane is added because of its fire suppressant properties. Both gases are non ozone depleting.

There is no R32 Daikin split AC in India as yet. Check their product list : http://www.daikinindia.com/our-products/split.html . You're probably confused with the much older R22 ACs that Daikin continues to sell. Mind you, R22 is ozone depleting and will be phased out soon. Thats the only reason why its sold cheap.

I am 150% sure and did a lot of research after that (spending Half day at RFH) -:), and most cases the product update on the website will happen after release, if you are in Chennai - Please call or visit Ratna Fan House the first level Daikin, R22 is a old And the 38K is an introductory Offer for 7 days. Daikin gave a 1 page Add on Hindu (Saturday) I don't remember if they did mention the model# or R32.

Even the Inverter V Model I purchased yesterday from LG is not yet listed on LG site! Samsung is yet to bring inverter models to their outlets or dealers.

I went to LG as their service like Samsung is quick and dependable compared to any brand in india. I even thought of Onida, but did not like the Slim mirror color of IDU, but features are dam good except for horizontal (manual)

For the features - Panasonic lags and is costly as only Chrome has some of the features of LG/Onida - but still the max ambient temperature is just 46 Deg C.

LG is 54 Deg C
Samsung 52 Deg C - don't remember Onida and Daikin

-Sunil

Wow super neat! For a second with the bright blue wall paint and all I was wondering if that was a 3D rendering :eek: Wheres the electrical socket/switch for the AC?

I'm not at home so dunno what they've done. I was under the impression the house already had properly placed pre-cut holes and should be a cakewalk, not sure why these are all over the place. How do they seal up the hole after installation? Won't the IDU be in the way?

The stabiliser for each unit is located outside right beside the outdoor unit (not exposed to rain, covered) so the electrical cable goes to the stabiliser unit from the indoor unit. The 22A switch for the stabiliser is housed with the regular switches for the ceiling fan and lights.

They seal up the holes using the putty from outside like how they've done in yours except that only the outside portion is accessible so they cover that part. Indoor side is left as such since it gets covered by the IDU. No air escapes anyway.

I am 150% sure and did a lot of research after that (spending Half day at RFH) -:), and most cases the product update on the website will happen after release, if you are in Chennai - Please call or visit Ratna Fan House the first level Daikin, R22 is a old And the 38K is an introductory Offer for 7 days. Daikin gave a 1 page Add on Hindu (Saturday) I don't remember if they did mention the model# or R32.
So what is the model number of the Daikin R32 AC? 38K is too good to be true for a Daikin. Is this for the 1.5T or 1T model? Inverter or non inverter?

The stabiliser for each unit is located outside right beside the outdoor unit

They seal up the holes using the putty from outside
So I can sneak up outside your house and turn off your stabiliser? :D

My folk's apartment isnt on the ground floor, so probably the wall outside isn't readily accessible.

but the cooling unit is mounted on the outside na ? or is that inside too?
Holy Ravioli, you're alive :eek:
Yeah the condenser is mounted outside. But its mounted on the roof not the wall, so I thought maybe they just lowered the pipes in or something. Will need to check :p

So what is the model number of the Daikin R32 AC? 38K is too good to be true for a Daikin. Is this for the 1.5T or 1T model? Inverter or non inverter?

1.5T and only 1 model - mrp 47K only 7 day offer price 38K with mono stab (from Premier) - inverter model!!! similar one with R410A is > 50K.

Even LG did not provide the install kit!!!!!! for its V and I have spend 2k extra -:( but I am using my old stab and got 1200/- lessened.

Oh wow looks like you're right :
Now, I received the shipment of LG V inverter model -MFG Sep 2102 and the piece was not sealed by LG!!!!!

Should I be receiving the 2013 piece? Should it be a box with LG seal?

Please help before the installation guys call me!

Don't listen to the half knowledge marketing sales guys, please do your own research - Daikin models are really good
Right.

I believe everybody here reckons Daikin produces good air conditioners.

I listened to them at RFH chennai and booked a LG inverter V model at 48K (No copper pipe provided),
Model no of the LG inverter would be of great help. Are they by any chance the new LG 1.5 Ton Inverter with model no. BS-Q186C8R2. If so you have bought one of the best Inverters available in India. I believe one of our forum members bought this same air conditioner at INR 43.6K (IDU + ODU).

for 38K I would have bought a very efficient Daikin R32 based model - which would be very easy to maintain due to the ease with R32 compared to R410A
Could not find any info against this model except for Ratna fan house website. There it is quoted the Daikin using R32 gas manages a rated EER of 3.25 which as per BEE norms passes the four star requirement of a non-Inverter in the year 2013. In 2014 with revised BEE chart the daikin will pass for 3 star requirements.

On the other hand the LG with R410A gas manages an EER of 3.67, which mean even in the year 2015 the LG will pass with flying colors the requirment of a 5 star non-Inverter. By 2017 the LG will compete with other 4 star and in 2019 with other 3 star non-Inverters.

No competition here, LG filled with R410A gas wins hands down.

R410A models are costly as it requires highly qualified technicians to handle the equipment.
Untrue.

My installer said the only difference between the two types on installation is that the R410A filled air conditioner needs a pump to compress the gas and then to install, where as the R22 can be done without compressing which may be also applicable for R32. He charges the same for both kinds of installation.

R32 also called HFC32 is a flamable gas and is risky (negative) - Please read the document carefully - it is published in 2008 and even it states it is not as harmful as these guys say. It is actually is easy to maintain and is a near 100% green Gas. In fact R410A is very difficult to install and hence the models are very expensive and the technician should be very knowledgeable while replacing/installing R410A models. The study states that R32 can be used in Cars safely. In fact any compressed gas has some level of hazard (including a Deodorant) when ruptured!!
Let's talk some science here. The newly developed R410A refrigerant gas are preferred over R22 all over the worlddue to:

1) Better heat transfer capabilities than R22
2) Better lubrication capabilities than R22
3) Better oil return properties than R22
4) Have almost nil Ozone Depleting Substance and Polyolester (POE)
5) Wax free

The above points transpires in having an amount of R410A gas which will be half the quantity of R22 gas required to cool a certain area when used with new type of all-aluminum canalicular tubed condensers. Less gas, less effort for the compressor and higher the overall efficiency reflected in EER rating.

Maybe the new R32 gas has addressed some or all issues of R22, but we have to wait and see. Also the availability of the aftermarket R32 gas is a question mark here.

R32 is going to be the gas for EUROPE/Japan!
Only time will tell.

Than
Right.

I believe everybody here reckons Daikin produces good air conditioners.

Model no of the LG inverter would be of great help. Are they by any chance the new LG 1.5 Ton Inverter with model no. BS-Q186C8R2. If so you have bought one best Inverters available in India. I believe one of our forum members bought this same air conditioner at INR 43.6K (IDU + ODU).

Could not find any info against this model except the Ratna fan house website. There it is quoted the Daikin using R32 gas manages a rated EER of 3.25 which as per BEE norms passes the four star requirement of a non-Inverter in the year 2013. In 2014 with revised BEE chart the daikin will pass for 3 star requirements.

On the other hand the LG with R410A gas manages an EER of 3.67, which mean even in the year 2015 the LG will pass with flying colors the requirment of a 5 star non-Inverter. By 2017 the LG will compete with other 4 star and in 2019 with other 3 star non-Inverters.

No competition here, LG filled with R410A gas wins hands down.

Untrue.

My installer said the only difference between the two types on installation is that the R410A filled air conditioner needs a pump to compress the gas and then to install, where as the R22 can be done without compressing which may be also applicable for R32. He charges the same for both kinds of installation.

Well let us talk some science here. The newly developed R410A refrigerant gas are preferred all over by air conditioner companies over R22 due to:

1) Better heat transfer capabilities than R22
2) Better lubrication capabilities than R22
3) Wax free
4) Better oil return properties than R22
5) Have almost nil Ozone Depleting Substance and Polyolester (POE)

The above points transpires in using an amount of R410A gas which will be half the quantity required by R22 gas to cool the identical areas when used with the new type of all-aluminum condensers. Less gas, less effort for the compressor and higher the overall efficiency reflected in EER rating.

Maybe the new R32 gas has addressed some or all issues of R22, but we have to wait and see. Also the availability of the aftermarket R32 gas is a question mark here.

Only time will tell.

Yes they have only 1 model "BS-Q186C8R2" in 1.5T - Thanks for the above info - I am happy with my purchase now!
Thanks

Yes, even I have observed certain models of Videocon & Blue Star to have same specs (same ODU size, weight etc). May not necessarily be an import from China but can be a common manufacturing factory!

Link: Gree Electric Appliances(English)

Link: Gree Electric Appliances-1 (Chinese)
Link: Gree Electric Appliances-2 (Chinese)
Link: Gree Electric Appliances-3 (Chinese)

After going through Gree website I am astounded to find that many of Blue Star air conditioners models seems to be rebadged Gree’s.

Nice information Rishiguru. Last winter I was looking for sharp A/C especially 1T NRV model as the part load is very low somewhere around 190W compared to 250W for the 1.5T. But decided to buy next year after getting hold of my new home. As you have said Inverter A/C is of no use when you intended to use at 18~20 deg all the time. The motor runs at max power negating the advantage of variable compressor. The mechanism our body recognizes temperature is different than a temperature probe. Earlier I use 23C to make myself comfortable, but frequent power cuts in the night made me to set the ac at 26~27C and turn on the fan. To be frank its much much better than 23C and even the power goes off I donot need to worry anymore. There is also electric bill saving of around Rs600 when compared with 23C setting. I need to find out with the list of inverter A/C's available with the lowest part load current.
Edit: Just noticed in the new range A/C from sharp with the impressive 4.18 EER for the 1.5T and 4.01 EER for the 1T models.

Nice information Rishiguru.
Thanks for the complements.

Last winter I was looking for sharp A/C especially 1T NRV model...
I need to find out with the list of inverter A/C's available with the lowest part load current.
The best 1.1 Ton Sharp Inverter is undoubtly the AH-XP13LV rather than AH-XP13NRV. Look at the below post for further details: http://www.techenclave.com/communit...erter-ac-to-go-for.141110/page-3#post-1796430

Edit: Just noticed in the new range A/C from sharp with the impressive 4.18 EER for the 1.5T and 4.01 EER for the 1T models.
These are calculated as “EER Weighted” as per Singapore test standards and not the rated EER standards of India.

Sharp have four 1.5 Ton Inverter models some of them showing a rated EER of 3.66 while some of them have EER Weighted of 4.18 in the catalogue.

All of these four air conditioners having identical rated cooling capacity of 5271 watts and consumes identical rated energy of 1440 watts. All this equates of identical rated EER of 3.66 for the entire bunch.

To me these are all marketing gimmick to lure customers.

RishiGuru: How good build quality of sharp compare to others ?

Comments on oGeneral inverter AC, I saw ad in news paper they claim 55% saving in power bill.

These are calculated as “EER Weighted” as per Singapore test standards and not the rated EER standards of India.

Sharp have four 1.5 Ton Inverter models some of them showing a rated EER of 3.66 while some of them have EER Weighted of 4.18 in the catalogue.

All of these four air conditioners having identical rated cooling capacity of 5271 watts and consumes identical rated energy of 1440 watts. All this equates of identical rated EER of 3.66 for the entire bunch.

To me these are all marketing gimmick to lure customers.
Oh yeah. you are right. All power consumption are same between the models. Another marketing ploy. But with variable speed compressor there will be sweet spot just like driving a bike at 50kmph will give best mileage. They would have used such curve and ran the A/C to get that EER. We need to find that sweet spot.

The Japanese air conditioner manufactures always seem to save the best of their product line up for their own home market while providing us just a glimpse of their technological achievement and prowess. Take for example the ground breaking A-SX series Sharp released in 2011 which perpetuated to B-SX series in 2012 and C-SX series in 2013. I do have a lot of respect for Sharp, they are a 100 year old company who are celebrating their centennial this year. Going through their special site for centennial celebration I found they made their first in house water cooled air conditioner RC-101 way back in 1958. Even today they are one of the top companies to remain on the fore front of the air conditioner technology.

Link: Sharp 100-Year History

Sharp RC-101

rc101.jpg

Sharp have proper R&D facilities as depicted in this YouTube video where they are performing temperature distribution tests of their own models:

Sharp A-SX Series [Released: 2011]

a01hr.jpg

The indoor units of these air conditioners are a tour-de-force, especially the mechanism by which their vertical and horizontal louvers work and control the flow of indoor air. I was astounded after watching a video of their 2011 released Sharp AY-A50SX-W (A-SX series) in YouTube which led me to visit their Japanese website. Alas all were in Japanese, I didn't understand much. This is a 1.5 Ton, Hot & Cold, Inverter air conditioner which if ever sold in India is going to cost over a lakh of rupees!!!

Sharp AY-A50SX-W

One word HUGE!!!

sharpaya50sxw1.jpg

I love that back-lit remote

a621f.jpg

sharpaya50sxw2.jpg

The vertical louver opening up-side down. Look at the size of the louver!!!

a40qf.jpg

sharpaya50sxw3.jpg

Another tiny vertical louver emerging from inside

sharpaya50sxw4.jpg

a50i.jpg

The vertical louver now opening down-side up!!!

sharpaya50sxw5.jpg

Mama-mia now I understand why they don’t sell them in here. They will always remain on the dealers demo room due to their thunderous asking price. Anyway enjoy the video below of Sharp AY-A50SX-W (A-SX series) in action and discover the hidden values of air.:)

Sharp B-SX Series [Released: 2012]

sharpbsxseries11.jpg

sharpbsxseries22.jpg

Sharp C-SX Series [Released: 2013]

sharpcsxseries1.jpg

sharpcsxseries2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back