Best Inverter AC in India? Edit: Bought Sharp AH-XP18MV (AC discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RishiGuru Seen a lot of posts regarding prevention of mold in the AC. Most say that we should run the AC in fan only mode for 5mins before shutting off the AC.
Is fan only mode possible in our Sharp AC?
Is it the Dry mode? (found on pressing the mode button on remote)

@hotshot05: Fan mode should be possible in sharp, dry mode is not the same as fan mode. In dry mode the AC fan runs at a lower speed. Basically dry mode is for dehumidification in hgh humidity areas like Mumbai/Kolkatta.

laundry mode is fan mode
Laundry mode CANNOT be fan only mode. Only when the relative humidity of the air is low will the washed clothes become dry quickly. This is the reason clothes dry quickly during the summer/winter season compared to the monsoons.
To reduce the humidity, AC compressor has to be ON.

@hotshot05 But why do you need fan only mode? The fan only mode is only for use in a weather where he normal temp. is low like shimla/manali. If you run it on fan only mode in placed lie Mumbai/Chennia/Kolkatta there will not be effective.

@hotshot05 But why do you need fan only mode? The fan only mode is only for use in a weather where he normal temp. is low like shimla/manali. If you run it on fan only mode in placed lie Mumbai/Chennia/Kolkatta there will not be effective.
I guess you missed post #204
I have read in many places that to prevent the growth of mould, one should operate the AC in Fan only mode before shutting down the AC. Running in fan only mode hels in drying up all the moisture inside the Indore unit and hence prevents the growth of micro organisms

@RishiGuru Seen a lot of posts regarding prevention of mold in the AC. Most say that we should run the AC in fan only mode for 5mins before shutting off the AC.

Never used the "Self Clean" operation. As per manual it should be used every 4 months to avoid growth of molds in IDU's evaporator unit. Once the the self-clean button is pressed the entire operation will last for 40 mins in AH-XP18MV. One I initiated the program which resulted in fan only mode with plasmacluster enabled. Neither can you change the fan speed or the louver. I stopped it within 5 mins.

Is fan only mode possible in our Sharp AC?

It is not possible to run my AH-XP18MV's in Fan-Only mode for normal operation. It is only available during self-clean operation.

Is it the Dry mode? (found on pressing the mode button on remote)
In dry mode both indoor fan as well as the compressor are operational. The dry mode is to maintain room humidity without dropping the room temperature.[/USER]

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread i managed to pick up the AH-XP13LV the better model at quite a steal from ezone Mumbai..... initial reviews are good and never at any point i feel the compressor is off and unchillled air is being circulated. even the ground is so cold when walked upon , quite happy with the overall AC full on VFm with superior quality.

I too didn't knew much about the existence of this brand in AC segment before I bought my Sharp Inverter ACs way back in 2012. Only when I did an extensive market/ technology research did I stumble upon this brand and found them to be the best VFM air conditioners all around in India. Back then they were slowly penetrating the Indian AC market with their Inverter ACs when people knew nothing about Inverter technology in ACs. Their Inverter ACs provided astounding value to me, as they were certainly providing equal or better quality imported Inverter ACs from Thailand having much advanced and superior technology than competitor's 5 star non-Inverters of Hitachi/ Daikin/ General at equal or less cost!!!

So I dumped these so called 'epic' brands in India and ventured into unknown with Sharp. Since then I have not looked back and am extremely satisfied with their performance, quality & durability of their products. Their Inverter AC drive since 2011 was a big success in India, today they command 45% market share of all Inverter ACs sold in India. With this success they have also opened air-conditioner manufacturing facility in Pune, put up at an investment of around Rs 250 crore, to manufacture inverter air-conditioners. This facility has an installed capacity of 5 lakh units a year.

To know further read the below quote from "The Hindu" newspaper:

Sunil K. Sinha, Chief Executive Officer and Regional Head of Sharp India. — Bijoy Ghosh

CHENNAI, JAN. 8:

Sharp India Ltd will phase out its ‘value-for-money’ range of products and focus only on high-end models across product categories.

“We will focus only on products such as inverter air-conditioners, LED TVs above 32 inches, and frost-free refrigerators, in order to rationalise our product portfolio,” said Sunil K. Sinha, Chief Executive Officer and Regional Head of Sharp India.

For Sharp India, TV and air-conditioner verticals contribute over 70 per cent of the top line. Sinha said the company wants to consolidate its presence in these two segments in the next couple of years.

The company recently launched its air-conditioner manufacturing facility in Pune, put up at an investment of around Rs 250 crore, to manufacture inverter air-conditioners. This facility has an installed capacity of 5 lakh units a year.

With less than 4 per cent share of the 3.4-million-unit room air-conditioner market, Sharp currently lags behind many other brands. However, “if you consider only the inverter air-conditioners market, which is around 6 per cent (a little over two lakh units) of the overall market, we command over 45 per cent share,” said Sinha. In the current year, it expects to garner at least 7-8 per cent share of the overall room air-conditioner market, which is expected to cross 4 million units.

In the 4.5-million-unit LED TV market, Sharp commands 3 per cent share. It hopes to cross 5 per cent in 2014.

Besides the listed entity of Sharp India, the parent company Sharp Corporation of Japan has two wholly-owned companies — Sharp Business System (sales and marketing company) and its captive research and development unit Sharp Software Development.

To prove the company’s commitment to after-sales service, Sinha has given his direct telephone number in the product guarantee cards and advertisements for customers. “It’s a good initiative for consumer connect,” he said.

ravikumar.r@thehindu.co.in

(This article was published on January 8, 2014)

Link: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/sharp-to-focus-on-highend-models/article5554240.ece

Last edited:
Dont think this is offtopic , ^ XP18MV is no longer available ,which 1.5 ton inverter is the best VFM right now according to you ?

XP18MV is no longer available ,which 1.5 ton inverter is the best VFM right now according to you ?

Frankly Arjun I have stopped doing market study regarding ACs after I bought my own ACs. As such I have very little info regarding the newer models available. Going through the threads of other respective Sharp AC owners it seems the AH-XP18PMT is the best VFM in their 1.5 Ton Inverter range. The AH-XP18PHT is the same AC with silver color and costs more.

The AH-XP18MV's were imported from Thailand and are no longer available after they choose to assemble their ACs in India. Not a bad idea at all considering many Indians will get job in their manufacturing plant. But they should maintain the high quality standards that we are accustomed with.

To prove the company’s commitment to after-sales service, Sinha has given his direct telephone number in the product guarantee cards and advertisements for customers. “It’s a good initiative for consumer connect,” he said.

That's nice... CEO's direct line for customers...... but its now being claimed that newer models are not as good as older 18MV.... Any reason...

That's nice... CEO's direct line for customers

Seems like true commitment to their customers. I must admit this philosophy is truly unique.

..... but its now being claimed that newer models are not as good as older 18MV.... Any reason...

Personally I feel there is nothing to be worried about their India assembled Inverter ACs. Recently they inaugurated a Rs 250 crore air-conditioning manufacturing plant in India, which was set up at a record time of 8 months. The factory itself is said to be using latest technologies and processes, the factory line is said to incorporate complete Japanese quality control processes. I believe their India assembled ACs will be as durable as those that were imported from Thailand like the AH-XP18MV.

Link: http://www.apnnews.com/2014/02/22/s...n-india-with-complete-inverter-ac-production/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back