Budget 41-50k Best convertible (Tablet + Keyboard dock) Windows 8 device at the 40-45k range?

Aman27deep

Skilled
Right now I'm looking at purchasing the Asus Transformer T100. Specs are good for the price which is around 34k for the 64 gb version. But I can increase my budget if need be. Is there any good convertible for around the 40-45k price range? It has to be windows 8 (non RT).

Even i am looking for same. I think you should wait some more because Full HD , highly affordable windows tablets are coming . Thinkpad 8 was recently launched with FHD Screen. Dell Venue pro 11 is in the line, again with fhd screen. Anything less than FHD would be a regrettable decision IMO because we all have been spoiled by the resolution on phones and android/apple tablets.

Another important consideration is screen size and weight. What is the use of a convertible hybrid if it is heavy in Tablet mode. I think Thinkpad 8 as a tablet and connected to a monitor as a PC will be the best combo. However ,i will wait and watch what other products are in the line.

Even i am looking for same. I think you should wait some more because Full HD , highly affordable windows tablets are coming . Thinkpad 8 was recently launched with FHD Screen. Dell Venue pro 11 is in the line, again with fhd screen. Anything less than FHD would be a regrettable decision IMO because we all have been spoiled by the resolution on phones and android/apple tablets.

Another important consideration is screen size and weight. What is the use of a convertible hybrid if it is heavy in Tablet mode. I think Thinkpad 8 as a tablet and connected to a monitor as a PC will be the best combo. However ,i will wait and watch what other products are in the line.

Indeed, many new devices were announced at CES - but most of them won't reach India before April~May. I can wait, but I have to purchase the device by this month. I'm still looking, but to be honest most of my search is ending in vain.

Full HD or 768p doesn't really matter to me. The lower the resolution, usually the better the battery life.

May have to settle for the Asus T100 - 10 hours of battery life ain't too bad!

If you have to buy by this month, I doubt you will find anything better than a T100 in India. Snapdeal was selling it for 30k (now sold out) just a week or two ago, so you might be able to find a better deal. If you could import, Venue Pro 11 with keyboard dock sounds like the perfect option for you.

Back