PC Peripherals Best Case Brand....!!

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a new case bt not sure which brand to go for.

Pls suggest any of the below:

Corsair
Antec
NZXT
Thermaltake

Budget is not the constraint. Kindly suggest on the specific models from above brands only for multipurpose.

Hoping for a positive response from the techiesss

:):happy26:

Regards,

Rocknrolla

You can never go wrong with Corsair's build quality. They are heavy duty cases with good after sales support. You can look at Corsair Carbide 400R as a budget case at around 5k, it has awesome cable management.

All the maufacturers have cases which are good for thier segments. Unless you are a little more clear on your budget and the parts you plan to use, its a bit pointless.

Well you have not mentioned your budget so these are the case(s) I recommend --

NZXT Gamma ~2000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
Cooler Master STORM Enforcer ~6000/-
NZXT Tempest EVO ~6500/-
NZXT Phantom ~9000/-
Corsair Graphite 600T ~11000/-
Xigmatek Elysium ~13000/- [not exactly sure of this pricing, taging @Lord Nemesis]
Corsair Obsidian 800D ~17000/-

Take your pick. Cheerio!

Welcome to TE, hope you have a pleasant stay here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If budget is not the constraint then you will have the best cases from Nzxt,Corsair,Cooler Master and Thermaltake.Have you decided certain budget for this?
Here are some good cases-
Corsair Carbide 400R-5k
COOLER MASTER Storm-6k
COOLER MASTER HAF 922-6.5k OR HAF 932-9.4k
NZXT Temptest Evo-5.5k
NZXT Phantom 410-6k OR NZXT SWITCH 810-10.5k
Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS-7.2k

the best option I can suggest is the Dark Fleet series by antec , which is a cool performance and gaming cabinet at a cooler price , starts at just 5K approx..... Go for it!!!!

the best option I can suggest is the Dark Fleet series by antec , which is a cool performance and gaming cabinet at a cooler price , starts at just 5K approx..... Go for it!!!!

Hey Techie25,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Are you sure Antec is available at that price. Also pls provide more details and where to buy option for Antec as would personally prefer Antec for its build quality since my cousin in USA is using Antec Eleven Hundred and is extremely happy with it...:hail::hail:

Guys.....dont give Cooler Master as an option it is not my type....:unsure:

Regards,

Rocknrolla

Hey Techie25,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Are you sure Antec is available at that price. Also pls provide more details and where to buy option for Antec as would personally prefer Antec for its build quality since my cousin in USA is using Antec Eleven Hundred and is extremely happy with it...:hail::hail:

Guys.....dont give Cooler Master as an option it is not my type....:unsure:

Regards,

Rocknrolla

yeah pal, just check out this link Antec DF-10 Mid Tower Cabinet

I think even the lamington guys r selling @ somewhat similiar rates. My frnd had just happened checked there a couple of days back....He's gonna upgrade his PC to a decent rig .....

Hi All,

Here is some more details about my requirement:

Budget: 5-9k
Fans: 12-15
HDD Swap
Front USB 3.0
Front 2.5" HDD option

Apart from your inane requirement of an unbelievable amount of fans / fan mounting positions these are the cabinets that fall in your purview --

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/- [no front USB 3.0 ports]
Corsair Obsidian 550D ~12000/- OR above [has all that you require plus silent operate-ability, only question is of availability]
Cooler Master STORM Enforcer ~6000/- [Has 1x front USB 3.0 port + available]
Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC edition ~4000/- [contact these guys for details on this one as well as availability --> XTREME GRAFIX | Where Indian Gaming Is Rendered]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- Antec cabinets are not widely available in India, although I have spotted them in Bangalore and they might have certain editions in stock in Bombay for sure.

i have got very good price even lesser then the market for DF-85 full tower @less then 10k from IT depot Chennai, which has got fabulous features.

You do realize that these might be the un-updated earlier price-listings you got from The IT Depot.

Also once you ship it from Chennai don't you think the price will go up. Including shipping the cabinet costs just over ~10000/- Out of OP's aforementioned budget.

P.S. -- Just noticed that the cabinet looks like it is cobbled together with chicken-wire, dust galore inside the cabinet.

Apart from your inane requirement of an unbelievable amount of fans / fan mounting positions these are the cabinets that fall in your purview --

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/- [no front USB 3.0 ports]
Corsair Obsidian 550D ~12000/- OR above [has all that you require plus silent operate-ability, only question is of availability]
Cooler Master STORM Enforcer ~6000/- [Has 1x front USB 3.0 port + available]
Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC edition ~4000/- [contact these guys for details on this one as well as availability --> XTREME GRAFIX | Where Indian Gaming Is Rendered]

P.S. -- Antec cabinets are not widely available in India, although I have spotted them in Bangalore and they might have certain editions in stock in Bombay for sure.

Dude, Carbide 400R has front USB 3.0 Ports

Dude, Carbide 400R has front USB 3.0 Ports

Thanks for correcting Gaurav.

Its the choice of mine i have not taken chance.

'For the internal wires, I can align them well as it has Cable management cutouts'

Minus the hot-swap bay provided by the DF-85, the Corsair Carbide provides all other features at half the price. And every decent gaming cabinet worth its salt these days comes with cable-routing cutouts and rubber grommets. Another vey strong point of the Corsair Carbide series [upto 400R] is that the cabinet is has a very well designed airflow system with a different cutout / indentation type for cable-routing.

The only issue with the Switch 810 is that it leaks sound. And with ~10+ 120mm fans whirring away, it will be a racket that is for sure.

Budget: 5-9k
Fans: 12-15............

12-15 Fans :scared14: .... are u living near the Equator ..... ? Dude u need to install an AC (inside ur cabby) or go for LN Cooling !!!!

If you can just stretch ur budget to 10.6K then the NZXT Switch 810 is the ideal cabby for you https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Nzxt+Switch+810+Cabinet+(Black)_C5P14486.html (Black or White Option) with 10-12 fans

reviews Review: NZXT Switch 810 Hybrid Case - TBCS / http://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/steve-ruxton/nzxt-switch-810-full-tower-review/4/

Enjoy

Minus the hot-swap bay provided by the DF-85, the Corsair Carbide provides all other features at half the price. And every decent gaming cabinet worth its salt these days comes with a cable-routing cutouts and rubber grommets. Another vey strong point of the Corsair Carbide series [upto 400R] is that the cabinet is has a very well designed airflow system with a different cutout / indentation type for cable-routing.

Totally Agree. +1 for Carbide 400R

12-15 Fans :scared14: .... are u living near the Equator ..... ? Dude u need to install an AC (inside ur cabby) or go for LN Cooling !!!!

If you can just stretch ur budget to 10.6K then the NZXT Switch 810 is the ideal cabby for you https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Nzxt+Switch+810+Cabinet+(Black)_C5P14486.html (Black or White Option) with 10-12 fans

reviews Review: NZXT Switch 810 Hybrid Case - TBCS / http://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/steve-ruxton/nzxt-switch-810-full-tower-review/4/

Enjoy

actually i m crazy for led fans and want to install them to make my cabby glow lol:yahoo:

i was going through google and found out 1 cabby from Antec. Its Lanboy Air which can have 15 fans..:scared14:

pls see below link and suggest on the same:

Antec - LANBOY AIR

actually i m crazy for led fans and want to install them to make my cabby glow lol:yahoo:

You can get the LANBOY-AIR from here --> Theitdepot - Antec LanBoy Air Modular Cabinet.

If that is your aim [to deck your cabinet with LED fan's] go for any cabinet with a side-window, e.g. -- Cooler Master STORM SNIPER [windowed edition] and deck it up with the Cooler Master SickleFlow series fans and Sunbeam Tech LED / CCFL strips.

Although be warned these will increase the power-draw of your system [without any increment in the performance] as well as in the case of extra fans cause a lot of noise.

In my opinion, go for the NZXT Tempest EVO [OR any other cabinet with side window] and replace all its standard fans with Blue / Red LED fans and a a single CCFL strip to light it UP!

P.S. -- the extra fans will also mean a lot of extra dust inside your cabinet.

Back