Budget 10-15K Best Android Phone Under 15k

1. Budget?
A: 15k
2. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None
3. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a minimum 5MP camera. Flash.
4. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
5. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, internet
6. Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim.
7. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Gionee Elife E3

Due to financial constraint I have to postpone my Google Nexus 5 purchase. My current phone Huawei G300 is really slow and I cannot wait another 5-6 months to be able to afford a really good phone and so I am looking at a good android phone under 15k.

It should be at least a dual core with 1 GB RAM and 8GB onboard storage and supports memory card. Minimum screen size should be 4.5". The camera should be good and fast and with good video recording. The loudspeaker should be of decent quality.

I am thinking of getting the Gionee Elife E3. I just want to know if there are better android phones under 15k. I thought about the Moto G but only 16GB is a deal breaker for me. Also the camera seems to be below par.

I am quite sure the Moto G is the best you have in that price range.

The reason you are upgrading from Huawei G300 is because the phone is slow and the would not be the case with Moto G.

Yes Motorola have cut a few corners with (Camera, Expandable Storage and battery) but these are quite small trade off for the hardware that you are getting.

16 GB is too less for me. It wouldn't have been an issue if I had cheap and fast data connectivity. On top of that the camera of Moto G does not stand out.

@ch@ts: which device do u think has the better cam; Huawei Ascend G700 or Gionee Elife E3?

Also, what about the Samsung Grand? Its a little out of my budget but I will get it if is leagues ahead of the above mentioned phones especially in the camera department.

Ok, I have narrowed down my choice to either Gionee Elife E3 or the Samsung Grand Duos I9082. Which one should I go for? There is a price difference of 3k. Which one has the better camera?
[DOUBLEPOST=1392789786][/DOUBLEPOST]Planning to buy the phone by tomorrow. I just need to know which phone has the better cam. Also, what about the lagging issues on the Grand?

Last edited:
I am not interested in a windows phone. I just need to know the quality of the Gionee camera and how big is the grand duos lagging problem. Do the new grand duos phone still have the same problem? Hope someone would be able to clarify these points for me.

Ok, I have narrowed down my choice to either Gionee Elife E3 or the Samsung Grand Duos I9082. Which one should I go for? There is a price difference of 3k. Which one has the better camera?
Grand's
480 x 800 pixels, 5.0 inches (~187 ppi pixel density)
A typical 480*800 res on a 5" phone and that too with a measly 187ppi? You want that?
But if you are hellbent on getting it for the camera then by all means go ahead. But you wont be using the cam 24*7 in which case a P&S would be better.

What I would like to know is by how much the quality of the Grand's camera better that that of the E3? My cousin and his friend both have Samsung Grand bought 3 months back. The screen resolution is not bad. I can live with it. There has been no lagging so far on my cousin's phone while his friend has been experiencing some lagging, restarts and hanging a few times a week on his Grand.

Lagging depends on how much stuff you put on the device. Friend has lots of stuff and frankly his phone is practically unusable.

If you are willing to root and use custom Roms you should have a better experience. As people have said the Grand has one of the better cameras in the Android world.

Lagging depends on how much stuff you put on the device. Friend has lots of stuff and frankly his phone is practically unusable.

If you are willing to root and use custom Roms you should have a better experience. As people have said the Grand has one of the better cameras in the Android world.
how is the Huawei Ascend G700 camera? Do you have any idea?

Back