Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
The news was out last March and hell, we need a thread for the title considered to be the baap of all the RPGs out there, not discounting NWN! :D

Anyhoo, a mysterious countdown has appeared on their home page since yesterday, which might give us some answers to what the enhanced edition packs, the release date and the price - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

The remake of the original title and its expansions - Tales of the Sword Coast is developed by Overhaul Games, a sub-division of Beamdog which was formed by the ex-employees of BioWare itself. The remake of the sequel is also being developed by Overhaul. The onyl downside is the game will NOT be available on Steam or GoG.

I installed the original, was put off by the graphics. Not a big fan of rolling dice systems, but might give this a shot. 13 hours they say, let's see.

Its the rolling dice mechanic and the handling multiple chars that put me off. Tried it a bit, one of my friends was really addicted. Will point him to this.

I am actually waiting to see how well the ipad/android versions turn out to be. I've always felt that touchscreen would be a great fit for any infinity engine game.

[h=1]Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition moves up its launch date[/h]Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition is now planning to launch on November 28, two days ahead of its last scheduled release date.

Of course, two days probably isn’t the biggest difference in the world, but considering developer Overhaul’s RPG remake suffered a much more substantial delay back in September, it’s still nice to hear.
The news comes from creative director Trent Oster, who tweeted: “We are targeting November 28 for all platforms. Since we have approvals, etc, we can’t 100% control the date on iOS, Mac and Android.”
Oster went on to confirm that BG:EE will run on first generation iPads and Nexus 7s too, so it appears that most tablet owners who want to relive the classic role-player will get their chance. Eventually.

Source: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition moves up its launch date | VG247

Back