Graphic Cards ATI 5770 Temperature

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Hi Guys,

I just a had a small query. What is the idle temp for 5770? I noticed recently that the fan was making more noise than usual.

My idle temp is 42 C and fan speed at 37%, While the same shoots upto 75-80 C and fan speed at 98% during playing games like crysis.

Is this normal?

^I am playing Crysis 1 which I think is more graphic intensive than crysis 2. The Card is at stock speeds. Also its hot as hell in delhi and this is when the AC is not switched on. I am not worried about the temps as 75 -80 on full load is ok I guess, its the fan speed I am worried about. Is 98% normal?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sorry ... my bad. I checked the GPU activity by mistake. :p The fan speed is at 43% :p I guess I am ok. :p Sorry for this thread again. Mods can close it.

Bluffmaster said:
Hi Guys,

I just a had a small query. What is the idle temp for 5770? I noticed recently that the fan was making more noise than usual.

My idle temp is 42 C and fan speed at 37%, While the same shoots upto 75-80 C and fan speed at 98% during playing games like crysis.

Is this normal?
Those temperatures are fine. If you want lower thermals, you can open the shroud and clean it out.

Important, what are the vRAM temperatures. Those are what can kill the card. My cards used to cross 100C, then I cleaned them out..!

Come on mate, your gpu is quite cool, 42c with the fan speed at 35% is very good. Even 80c on load is totally safe :) Don't worry about these temps, enjoy crysis 2

Bluffmaster said:
Hi Guys,

Is this normal?

hmm. thats strange, i'm getting 72C at just 45% on my HD5850. And summer has arrived at New Delhi already(daytime is hell)...

Have you recently cleaned your G.card? You know dust clogs hurt airflow..

^The temperature ranges from 70-80 C on full load at 43%. Thats pretty decent imo considering how hot it is in delhi. My idle temp in AC is 38 C at 35% which is pretty good. That 98% fanspeed was incorrect, I read the GPU activity by mistake. :p

At idle fan speed is 40 percent and temperature is 47 c for me and while playing crysis 2 it goes upto 84 i guess its fine enough :)

Back