User Review Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551 ML review

rWHWTmx.jpg

I got the phone from flipkart after waiting for long time. Asus created so much of hype about the phone so after it listed on the flipkart its gets out of stock. Asus Zenfone 2 comes with phone, charger and usb cable and its so unusual that earphone are not included as the price is not that cheap.

In this review I will only mention only about the negative aspect about the phone. As the most of the important aspect has problem in it.
Like:-
*Camera
* Heating Issue
* Video playback
*Gaming
* Sim slot problem

Camera

Camera sample
0BZWrRO.jpg

qW4EsAJ.jpg

qpJ1YhO.jpg

qpJ1YhO.jpg

PDlZFRN.jpg

5Ox1DCE.jpg

yqbjv0m.jpg

Camera produces too much of noisy and grainy photographs in daylight as well in low light condition. I know you cannot get the quality like a high zoom cam or DSLR but neither like a Zenfone 2 cam. A 15thousand phone should be equiped with much better camera than this. As per as I know, the ZF2 comes with a Toshiba sensor which is not like a sony one. Anyway when you zoom in a photo, you will see somelthing like a pastel colour drawing .
And the flash is to bright and yellowish in color. It overexpose the subject at great extend. Totally disappointed by the quality.

Heating Issue
Yes, you heard it right. This phone has heating issue. It occurs when you do normal work like browsing, watch a movie or playing a small game. I downloaded Bus simulator from play store and played for 15 minutes and the temperature goes up to 45*Celsius. Wow Intel and Asus great work done. Yeah flagship killer phone.

Music Playback
Did you ever heard that music playback lagging when multitasking? no right. But this phone does. Music playback lagging for 2-3 sec while opening browser or chatting app. And the sound quality is not great either.
Gaming

1FKud0b.jpg

LIPz9DT.jpg

While downloading games like Asphalt 8 Airborne and GT racing 2 from playstore. I am getting a error 905 and cannot finished the installation. Tried many times but no success.

Video playback

Video and audio are not syncing at same time. Need to select Software mode in MX player to solve the issue. And while forwarding the video it getting shutter for few secs.

Sim Slot problem

Sometimes sim slot 2 is not detected. Its occurs sometimes

My experiences. Mine is a 4GB model.

Camera. Well I am yet to see an android phone with a good camera. All looks dull to me. So give you that.
No video playback issues for me. Only played a 1080p trailer clip.
No heating issue. Granted my phone is just on standby. Perhaps that's why.
Gaming. Never ever plan to game.

My experiences. Mine is a 4GB model.

Camera. Well I am yet to see an android phone with a good camera. All looks dull to me. So give you that.
No video playback issues for me. Only played a 1080p trailer clip.
No heating issue. Granted my phone is just on standby. Perhaps that's why.
Gaming. Never ever plan to game.
Yours is worldwide model. I am hearing from some source that Indian specific sets have all kind of problems. I have one friend in Bangladesh he got it from Malaysia and his phone have no problem. I never plan to game as well but I am just checking as I heard that issue from some guys.

This is such a bummer :(
I was looking forward to this phone as an upgrade from my Galaxy S3. Those photos look really sad. My current S3 cam throws these pics out of the water. Guess I'll just stick with it for now.

The 905 error is something to do with Play Store. Even i get that on my N4 after lollipop update. Happens only with large games.

Now guys an update:
Lately flipkart service center guys ask me to install a app called smartchk. Remote app to check the phone.
Yesterday they called to check the phone as usual they didn't find any problem wow. I mean how they check the phone thoroughly? For this you need to see physically right?
Anyway they asking me to go the Asus Service center wow, then what about the 30days guarantee. Totally frustrated by this. I think I have to sell it on olx/quikr cannot use this phone anymore.
Btw its high time that we switch back to Amazon. Flipkart has imposed this non-sense checking system so that no one can get a replacement or refund.

@Tenida

Asus has a 7 days replacement guarantee on all of its zenfone models.
You should visit your nearest asus service centre and get it replaced.

I have a zenfone 5 and ran into similar problem and got mine repaired ( problem faced after 2 months or use ) at the service centre.

God bless ASUS for making such horrible phones !!

@Tenida

Asus has a 7 days replacement guarantee on all of its zenfone models.
You should visit your nearest asus service centre and get it replaced.

I have a zenfone 5 and ran into similar problem and got mine repaired ( problem faced after 2 months or use ) at the service centre.

God bless ASUS for making such horrible phones !!
Thanks but 7 days already passed buddy.[DOUBLEPOST=1431843654][/DOUBLEPOST]So, flipkart will not give refund or replacement. They are asking me to submit at the service center and send the jobsheet to them. After thoroughly checking they will think about something. WOW
My phone still under 30 days replacement/refund limit. Flipkarts is going nuts i think.

Thanks for the review/feedback. Had actually recommended this phone to a colleague, took it back, after reading your experience.

Glad to note that your misery has ended!

Camera
Camera produces too much of noisy and grainy photographs in daylight as well in low light condition. I know you cannot get the quality like a high zoom cam or DSLR but neither like a Zenfone 2 cam. A 15thousand phone should be equiped with much better camera than this. As per as I know, the ZF2 comes with a Toshiba sensor which is not like a sony one. Anyway when you zoom in a photo, you will see somelthing like a pastel colour drawing .
And the flash is to bright and yellowish in color. It overexpose the subject at great extend. Totally disappointed by the quality.
Have You tried taking pics with any other Camera APP?
It may sound weird butstock camera applications of some companies do not go through proper tuning .
I have a Yureka so I know, the pics that my snapper took were hideous and grainy and I was pissed.
Someone suggested Vignette Camera App and I tried it out, there was a world of difference in pic quality with Vignette installed, the pics it took were as It should've taken out of the box.
Now I am on AOSP Lollipop 5.1.1 and the camera has got even better.
So try some other app and see
Heating Issue
Yes, you heard it right. This phone has heating issue. It occurs when you do normal work like browsing, watch a movie or playing a small game. I downloaded Bus simulator from play store and played for 15 minutes and the temperature goes up to 45*Celsius. Wow Intel and Asus great work done. Yeah flagship killer phone.
45C is no temp at all, its like chilling at the beach.
My Yureka gets to 55-62C after an hour of Asphalt 2 and the top left of the phone gets really warm, I was worried.
But I saw that the heat problem is universal on all Quallcomm chipsets after Snapdragon 400

My brothers Lumia 620 gets even warmer. My Friend's Mi3 gets unbearable.
The only cool phone in the Family? My dad's old Galaxy Core with Snapdragon s4 play (Cortex a5 Adreno 203)

Music Playback
Did you ever heard that music playback lagging when multitasking? no right. But this phone does. Music playback lagging for 2-3 sec while opening browser or chatting app. And the sound quality is not great either.
Software Bug/ Optimization Issue
yes this is a niggling issue, have you tried with any other player?

Gaming
While downloading games like Asphalt 8 Airborne and GT racing 2 from playstore. I am getting a error 905 and cannot finished the installation. Tried many times but no success.
Common issue with any and all phones with Lollipop.
Don't know the cause for it, but I've faced the same while on 5.0.2 CM12
I'm on 5.1.1 AOSP now and haven't faced the issue since.

Try Downloading and sideloading the specific game apk's from any disreputable source and see.

Video playback

Video and audio are not syncing at same time. Need to select Software mode in MX player to solve the issue. And while forwarding the video it getting shutter for few secs.
Yes, this is a real issue, it most certainly is a Hardware Driver issue and cannot be rectified other than Asus via updates/patches.
Sad that they've done little to no bug testing on their products' software and drivers.
Sim Slot problem

Sometimes sim slot 2 is not detected. Its occurs sometimes
I faced this issue in Lollipop 5.0.2
it maybe a common bug.

Back