WP Asus Transformer T100 vs. Dell venue Pro 11

soggy316

Adept
So, a friend of a friend is coming from the US and I am thinking of getting a WP tablet.

I want a 10 incher, and my budget is $500.

Primary use would be watching tv shows (480p hdtv/720p hdtv quality), music, browsing and some light ms-office. (Although I might be tempted to try to load SCUMMVM and try to play grim fandango).

I am not considering the IPad air as 16GB only with no SD card slot is a deal breaker regardless of the UI smoothness and app availability.

After much R&D on the net I've narrowed it down to these two, the asus is ~100-150 USD cheaper, although it has a slightly lower processor (Atom Z3740 vs. Atm Z3770) and a lower res screen vs. the Dell. Although the asus comes with a detachable kb.

Has anyone used either of these tabs? if so how has the experience been? How are they for watching tv shows and other general tasks?

Thanks

have the t100, love that thing :D sister uses it for the same thing, doc files, tv shows, general browing.. its plenty powerful, the atom has come a long way.

have the t100, love that thing :D sister uses it for the same thing, doc files, tv shows, general browing.. its plenty powerful, the atom has come a long way.

Cool, what do you think of the screen? I don't really care about the absolute resolution as long as it looks crisp and vibrant. Also what is your opinion of the "feel" of the touchscreen?

screen is not the best out there, feel is perfect no issues with touch or anything. but for the price, the screen is good, colours r nice and vibrant which is what u want. wish it would be slightly less glossy but at that price im sure any screen out there will be glossy and similar to what asus offers, no other tablets will give u a student office key + windows 8.1 + keyboard at the price. id say its well worth it.. something to also consider is the acer w4? i think.. not with the keyboard but its cheaper.

Back