Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

@The_Falcon : Will it work if I change my Hard disk to ext3? I am all linux as of now.
Yes, EXT3 format is supported by DD-WRT.[DOUBLEPOST=1378038827][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes u can use ext3 partition for ddwrt /opt and /mnt

Not sure about ntfs didn't check, but if needed can test using ntfs pen drive when I get home
It wont detect NTFS Out of the box dude. Atleast a part of the part of HDD must eb EXT3 partition. A minimum of 512 MB partition must be dedicated to EXT3, the rest can be NTFS, but I have to verify this. Once I get tie to do that, I will post the results.

I flashed my N13 with DD-WRT but I am not able to mount my external hdd.

Details :
USB hdd : Its a 2 TB seagate externally powered hdd.

I created two Ext3 partitions using gparted live cd.
Partition 1 : 1024 mb, Ext3
Partition 2 : remaining 2 TB space, Ext3

Then, ditto from the first post, I pasted this code in Administration -> Commands and clicked Save Startup.
Code:
mkdir /tmp/etc/config #Create a dir /tmp/etc/config
echo "wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Get the tar file which has fs drivers and store in /tmp/root
echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/fs.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Build a shell script by appending to output using >> , command to extract the tar file.
echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add ext3 to run it
echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 1st partition
echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 2nd partition
echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/fs.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Clean up the traces
chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup # Provide Exec permissions and run the above commands
echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd # Add nobody for samba share
sleep 60 # Wait for 1 minute

echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restart # To avoid HDD spindown

wget [URL]http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json[/URL] -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json # Get the settings.json from internet just in case local file gets corrupted can you remove this if u dont want

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon #Start Transmission - Can remove this if you keep S99trans file keep either of them.

Problem 1 : Router still doesn't recognise the usb hdd :( (please see attached images.)

Problem 2 : Can't login using putty.
After flashing dd-wrt, on my first login the router asked me to setup a username and password. Using these I can login into the router via browser by pointing to 192.168.1.1 but putty is refusing me access.

I have enabled telnet on the default port 23 of router. But whenever I enter the username + password in putty window, it says incorrect login. Am I doing anything wrong. First time putty user here, please help.

Attachments

• DD-WRT (build 17027) - USB_20130904-162906.jpg
    DD-WRT (build 17027) - USB_20130904-162906.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 247
  • DD-WRT (build 17027) - USB_20130904-162906.jpg
    DD-WRT (build 17027) - USB_20130904-162906.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 213

Details :

Then, ditto from the first post, I pasted this code in Administration -> Commands and clicked Save Startup.
Code:
echo "wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Get the tar file which has fs drivers and store in /tmp/root
echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/fs.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Build a shell script by appending to output using >> , command to extract the tar file.
echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 1st partition
echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 2nd partition
echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/fs.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Clean up the traces
chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup # Provide Exec permissions and run the above commands
echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd # Add nobody for samba share

wget [URL]http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json[/URL] -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json # Get the settings.json from internet just in case local file gets corrupted can you remove this if u dont want

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon #Start Transmission - Can remove this if you keep S99trans file keep either of them.

Problem 1 : Router still doesn't recognise the usb hdd :( (please see attached images.)

After flashing dd-wrt, on my first login the router asked me to setup a username and password. Using these I can login into the router via browser by pointing to 192.168.1.1 but putty is refusing me access.

I have enabled telnet on the default port 23 of router. But whenever I enter the username + password in putty window, it says incorrect login. Am I doing anything wrong. First time putty user here, please help.

from putty /Command in Router

type

dmesg and post results

thats nice.
I have DLNA in TV. Is there any online tutorial to do this ?
search on dd-wrt and look for minidlna. i am sure there would be million and one blogs out there. else its a simple ipkg install minidlna. once installed u need to setup the folders u wish to serve up under dlna. the file to edit is /etc/minidlna.conf. and most importantly there is an inbuilt inotify service which needs to be turned on and the interval needs to be lowered so it auto updates folders when new files are added.[DOUBLEPOST=1378448130][/DOUBLEPOST]
@RajeshJ : here is the result in the attached file.
the goflex drive with ext3 fs shows attached and given a id /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0 you may need to manually mount it to a mount point like /media/disk0 or something by saving a startup command in the admin tab as mount -o ext3 dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0 /media/disk0. please ensure u first give the command mkdir /media/disk0

Last edited:
the goflex drive with ext3 fs shows attached and given a id /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0 you may need to manually mount it to a mount point like /media/disk0 or something by saving a startup command in the admin tab as mount -o ext3 dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0 /media/disk0. please ensure u first give the command mkdir /media/disk0

I appreciate your help.
Will try it out and post here.

People I have succesfully installed transmission and the torrent works fine .. But after some 2 hours i get this message
viewer.php

1) Try doing command "ps" and see if all transmission Process is running
2) try see dmesg and check error logs
try rebooting router and see if it is fixed

People I have succesfully installed transmission and the torrent works fine .. But after some 2 hours i get this message
viewer.php

Welcome to my problem too :).. CPU is getting overloaded due to more downloads so tranmission is aborting. When you run all these downloads, monitor the CPU use from DD WRT.
It should reach 100 & abort the process.
A friend suggested to reinstall DD with new/other version but havent got time to do that so running 1-2 torrents at a time. it works.

I have successfully made transmission work all time without crashing as above in post 1409 ..
The problem was with my transcend 16GB pendrive ...
It automatically sleeps or something like that..somehow i noticed that ..
Then i configured Transmission on my micro sd and now it is fine .. smooth without any problem ...

However i find this really annoying
After a torrent finishes Downloading and when i recheck with utorrent or other clients ... torrent is 99.8% complete..
Yes some pieces are incomplete ... Even after verifying with router's transmission interface..
Does every people experience this ? All your torrents are 99.8% complete ??

Details :

Code:

I hope your putty issue is fixed. If not, use root as username not the username you set on first login; password would be the same. This happened with me too, since I set a different username at first login, now when I login to web interface I use that username and password, and for putty have to use root.

Also mentione which build of dd-wrt you are using.

i tried build r21153(clean installtion), second partition wasn't showing in putty through "df -h" and "mount" but it was visible through ""http://192.168.1.1/USB.asp" under disk information, after some tickring with startup script i was able to mount it.
I wasn't able to access ftp either, when i try to open ftp it prompted for username and password but nothing happend after that, it just gave me incorrect login 503 error.

reverted to build 16994, everything running smooth now.
if i upgrade to build 21153 now from within the ddwrt firmware upgrade page(without resetting to factory), will it screw up my current setting/config?

Last edited:
you wont know it until you try it.... r16994 and r18777 were most stable for me.. and if you guys have problem flashing like i did (sometime in the middle the flash used to stop then not respond IDK what used to happen but the router didnt work properly even with the f/w uploaded) move to tftp method of flash its fast and easy .

Back