CPU/Mobo Asus H87 pro and some questions

rajil.s

Adept
Hi,
I am presently in London and planning to buy an Asus H87 pro and an intel i3 4130.
Was wondering whether asus India warranty covers goods bought abroad?

I could buy this in lucknow but not sure whether these are available in the market or not. Anybody aware of the lucknow market?

You will save barely 500-700 bucks plus you will have to cart it around and yes no warranty will be available here. Buying a CPU is less of a hassle since CPUs rarely die quickly BUT UK is one of the worst places to pick up computer stuff thanks to the high exchange rate.

Best to pick up both items in India only IMO to avail warranty and to reduce the amount of luggage you will have to carry.

I made a visit to nehru place today. Unfortunately H87pro wasn't available. Thankfully I had bought in London. What they had was H87 plus which was no use to me (plus has fewer pci slots).
Intel haswell processors are widely available though, I picked a i5 4440 which was about Rs 2000 cheaper than London.

^^ Did you see the link @topgear showed ? It had the H87pro available with 3 years local warranty. If any issues happen with your motherboard you will have to spend to ship it to the UK.

Back