Are Sulekha.com shipping SGS2 model GT-I9100G which is not good

all October manufacture is made in Vietnam and those are I9100G, means OMAP 4430 SoC (same SoC use @ droid razr or razr).

and also this OMAP 4430 SoC is better, no lag, better battery backup, no screen damages(like yellow tint, blue hue etc). and yeah no heating issue.

one bad thing is GPU benchmark is lesser than Mali400.

Ps: may be am wrong.

webserver2009 said:
all October manufacture is made in Vietnam and those are I9100G, means OMAP 4430 SoC (same SoC use @ droid razr or razr).

and also this OMAP 4430 SoC is better, no lag, better battery backup, no screen damages(like yellow tint, blue hue etc). and yeah no heating issue.

one bad thing is GPU benchmark is lesser than Mali400.

Ps: may be am wrong.

No Mali Gpu > SGX 540 . Cpu cores are almost similar . But I think the available ROMs might be affected by change in Soc

aka911 said:
No Mali Gpu > SGX 540 . Cpu cores are almost similar . But I think the available ROMs might be affected by change in Soc

yeah thats the problem. :S and only Exynos SoC's custom ROM available in the market.

Well I bought from Sulekha n also got GT-I9100 and made in China ... Made in October 11 .. but with the Exynox / Mali chipset

am also buy from sulekha.

okZnT.jpg

Gingerbread 2.3.4

:)

Well I hate to be bearer of bad news but most phones (almost 95%) manufactured in October 2011 and later are I9100Gs and not I9100. On the box it shows I9100 but inside it is I9100G. I have the same phone. To confirm, just goto About Phone in your settings and check model number.
Also, all Vietnam manufactured phones are I9100Gs. I am unfortunate owner of this. I am going to Samsung Store to ask for a replacement.
The I9100s DO NOT ship with 2.3.4, they are having 2.3.3 in India.

ambar_hitman said:
Well I hate to be bearer of bad news but most phones (almost 95%) manufactured in October 2011 and later are I9100Gs and not I9100. On the box it shows I9100 but inside it is I9100G. I have the same phone. To confirm, just goto About Phone in your settings and check model number.

Also, all Vietnam manufactured phones are I9100Gs. I am unfortunate owner of this. I am going to Samsung Store to ask for a replacement.

The I9100s DO NOT ship with 2.3.4, they are having 2.3.3 in India.

That is sad and very misleading indeed.. I got Aug 2011 manufactured phone from Sulekha (I9100 itself) shipped with 2.3.3.. Are you taking the issue up with Samsung?

The G version is as good as i9100,it has no screen issues and better battery.

Nope, it has weaker processor and some stuttering while playing browser flash videos. It also cant use 4xAA and 16xAF in chainfire 3D settings. I installed Go Launcher EX and kept Live wallpaper, and the UI stutters compared to I9100. This SUCKS.

I would want to caution people against buying from Sulekha.com
I bought the phone from them two weeks back, but have still not received this. Their customer service is horrible and has no clue.
Their standard answer is there was a stock problem and it will be shipped today! I am hearing this same answer everyday since over a week now. :(

ambar_hitman said:
Nope, it has weaker processor and some stuttering while playing browser flash This SUCKS.

Processor is same, slightly underclocked..Mali is marginally better gpu.

Anyways after the initial excitement you will be underclocking and undervolting like most of us.

Sent from Galaxy S2

^Well for underclocking or undervolting, we need custom ROMs and mods. There are NONE that do this for I9100G. Few are there but they dont offer such features. Trying the I9100 ROMs or rooting methods will brick the phone. :(

Back