Application to compress work on mkv files

CA50

Skilled
I need application to work on mkv files and avi files. I want to convert some mkv files to avi and viceversa. And also so compressing the mkv files.

Previously i user AutoGK to working on avi files. I need some standalone programs (powerful one) like autoGk as i don't want to install those.

Thanks for reading this thread:)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Reason:

I want to make dvd rips like FXG,aXXo,etc.
optimum picture in 700mb video file

megui

it will directly create mkv for avi use xvid codec and use avimux to just create avi without any further encoding

u can use avidemux as well

@kartikoli & @trigger

thanks guys, actually i need a tool to create the best picture with maximum details within 700mb. I tried some of the tools which you have mentioned, but there isn't any option to size limit the output file unlike in AutoGk.

Did it ever occur to you guys that you are not really looking for tool but the tweak of the codec. That my friend comes with exp. in trial.

+LT

CA50 said:
@kartikoli & @trigger

thanks guys, actually i need a tool to create the best picture with maximum details within 700mb. I tried some of the tools which you have mentioned, but there isn't any option to size limit the output file unlike in AutoGk.
look for MEGUI guide its the best option when comes to encoding .... i have used many s/w and most of the time i come bak to megui

it gives option of file size as well

use profile: HQ- insane for best quality

audio : use nero codec instead of lame mp3 with AAC format

linuxtechie said:
Did it ever occur to you guys that you are not really looking for tool but the tweak of the codec. That my friend comes with exp. in trial.

+LT

+1.reencoding and Colorcorrecting needs a lot of expertise...u Need to learn to deblock and denoise.Avisynth has a Lot of Superb filters.Try That first.

U will need a lot of trial and error sessions before getting the right settings...and every Source needs different treatment

also 700mb size is Not that good for video files having 1.5 Hours or more runtime

try x264 and nero aac Codec as suggested by others....

Best of luck

Try Staxrip or MeGui... both are very good applications for encoding videos from dvd into other formats but u need to have experience to use these apps...

U need to have knowledge of Manual IVTC, Avisynth Filters and ofcourse the codec which u r going to use whether its xvid or x264 ;)

Reencoding videos wont give u good result u might end up in having ghosted frames...

Tip: So whenever u wanna do encoding do that on RAW video ;)

Back