Apple iPhone 5S and 5C Launching In India On 1st November

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Apple iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C which were announced last month were launched in few countries on September 20th, now Apple has announced the launch dates for rest of the regions including India were it will launch on Nov 1.

The new iPhones were launched in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK and the USA on September 20th.

They will be launched on October 25th in 36 countries including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, French West Indies, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Island, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and Thailand.

On November 1st , 16 more countries will get the iPhone 5S and 5C, the list includes Albania, Armenia, Bahrain, Colombia, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, India, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and UAE So interested customers will be able to get their hands on new iPhones during the festive season. Apple has not announced the price yet but the iPhone 5S can be expected around Rs 45000-50000 and the iPhone 5C around Rs 35-40k.

Attachments

• iPhone-5s-and-5c.jpg
    iPhone-5s-and-5c.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 116
Actually the price of the iPhone 5C 16GB model is Rs.45,500 and the iPhone 5S 16GB (only Silver and Space Grey colour options) costs Rs.55,500 and the Gold colour option costs Rs.79,999 for the same 16GB model ... :)

Waiting for raks' comment on this :p

Lol I am never happy with apple's pricing. Problem is they price stuff ridiculously high and unfortunately people actually buy them so the prices never go down.
I own 4 iPhones and an iPad, all bought used. I do not wish to pay full price for them. I love apple products and that does not mean I will defend their price. Infact I hate their pricing and no one in their right mind should buy the 5c and instead buy second hand iPhone 5.
Bottomline, apple pricing is insane but I like their products.

What ??? You people expected me to defend their atrocious price ?

Lol I am never happy with apple's pricing. Problem is they price stuff ridiculously high and unfortunately people actually buy them so the prices never go down.
I own 4 iPhones and an iPad, all bought used. I do not wish to pay full price for them. I love apple products and that does not mean I will defend their price. Infact I hate their pricing and no one in their right mind should buy the 5c and instead buy second hand iPhone 5.
Bottomline, apple pricing is insane but I like their products.

What ??? You people expected me to defend their atrocious price ?
Thats all what we were waiting for A Good Answer for a Apple Tech Savvy :D
Thanx for the response lol :p:p

Actually the price of the iPhone 5C 16GB model is Rs.45,500 and the iPhone 5S 16GB (only Silver and Space Grey colour options) costs Rs.55,500 and the Gold colour option costs Rs.79,999 for the same 16GB model ... :)

Yup ... From eBay :)
haha ebay. I have few sources stating 40-42k for iphone 5c and 47-49k for 5s. One guy told 51k for iphone 5s.
These are from apple resellers. well we will know if this is true in last week of this month when the stock arrives.

i feel iphone 5 is anyday better than 5C .
the plastic body 5C cannot be compared to 5

That's obvious but after a few days you won't have the liberty. It will be either take the 5c or pay more for the 5s.
Oh the irony. People were expecting a cheaper phone but due to rupees/dollar ratio it has ended up being the opposite. Earlier at least we were getting a premium looking product but now we will end up paying more for the same product.

People not obsessive about buying brand new handsets should go for iPhone 5 used and save some dough.
Also with iPhones even used ones if maintained decently will serve one for long. And it makes sense as well.
Got an iPhone 4S for my brother for 18K used when new was for 34.5k around.

haha ebay. I have few sources stating 40-42k for iphone 5c and 47-49k for 5s. One guy told 51k for iphone 5s.
These are from apple resellers. well we will know if this is true in last week of this month when the stock arrives.
My sources are partly right. :depressed:[DOUBLEPOST=1381773483][/DOUBLEPOST]
IPhone 5c will be available at price starting from Rs 41,900 and iPhone 5s at Rs 53,500, the company said.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...0-iphone-5s-for-rs-53-500-113101400813_1.html

Reliance Communications is selling 5c for 41,990 and 5s for 53,500.

Last edited:
For those interested.
  • Model A1530*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20); TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40)
source: http://www.apple.com/in/iphone-5s/specs/

For the uninitiated, the last line TD-LTE(40) is the gold. That means the 1530 version would work on Airtel 4g.

For those interested.
  • Model A1530*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20); TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40)
source: http://www.apple.com/in/iphone-5s/specs/

For the uninitiated, the last line TD-LTE(40) is the gold. That means the 1530 version would work on Airtel 4g.

It is the same version they are selling in China if I am right and launched it this year only.
It is good to have an option but all major carriers just increased 2g tariffs so god knows when will 4g become affordable. One of my friends who is working in telecom sector in 4g deployment told me that at first companies are only looking to sell My-Fi ( portable Wi-Fi) devices only. He also told me that Reliance has asked Samsung to produce a 4g capable phone for around 6-7k for them which they might bundle with yearly 4g plans.
Needless to say both Reliance and Airtel will like to milk the consumers and I don't see 4g becoming affordable/popular in the foreseeable future.

Back