Any SSD Deals?

avi

Skilled
Someone I know coming from US. So any good deals? I am looking for 250GB. and unless the deal is really good, will consider 500GB one.

@Hades. suggested me following:

go for either Samsung 850 Pro or Sandisk Extreme Pro

850 Pro> Extreme Pro > Every Other SSD

On cyber monday you maybe able to buy Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB for below 200$

However I can't find any good deals now. Samsung 850 Pro is currently its available for 150USD in amazon, thats the best I can get?

and also, all SSDs come with International warranty?

I think Samsung doesnt honor warranty for international purchase but i guess Sandisk does...

Dont worry buddy you would definately find a good SSD for your needs... Amazon has anounced that their cyber monday deals would run for one whole week... If i would come accross any good deal i would PM you...

Last edited:
Samsung has an offer going on where any SSDof theirs >= 250GB gets a free copy of Far Cry 4. The EVO 250 is currently the top selling SSD on Amazon for $109 (which translates to $130 if you get it shipped here). That's just slightly under the Rs 8.8k you can get it for locally but you do get a free game worth 1700 that you can play or sell to subsidize the cost.

Samsung has an offer going on where any SSDof theirs >= 250GB gets a free copy of Far Cry 4. The EVO 250 is currently the top selling SSD on Amazon for $109 (which translates to $130 if you get it shipped here). That's just slightly under the Rs 8.8k you can get it for locally but you do get a free game worth 1700 that you can play or sell to subsidize the cost.
I don't have to ship, someone is coming from US. So I can get it from them.

and I am not really interested in FC4 :-/

I don't have to ship, someone is coming from US. So I can get it from them.

and I am not really interested in FC4 :-/

Well you could probably easily sell/trade the FC4 code to someone for 1200-1300 bucks here or $30 on international forums. That subsidizes your cost. $109 (no shipping) - $20 FC4 code sale = $90 which means 36c per GB which is lower than what you'd pay if you bought a 1TB drive.

edit - as for the choices mentioned above, I had an SSDNow V300. Good drive, but I ultimately sold it to get an EVO.

Thinking to order one. Which one is good? And is this as good as Samsung Pro? Or atleats Samsung Evo?

On new egg also it's priced $97 and I think that's the usual sale price

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/760?vs=965

Comparison between the two SSD

Kingston V300 Vs 840 EVO

Go on anandtech's comparison page and you can compare any ssd with any ssd

Spoiler = 850 Pro>Sandisk Extreme Pro> Every Other SSD :)

Last edited:
Why is that?

No particular reason other than that I had read the EVO is a better option. There's nothing wrong with the V300.

BTW, the price of the 250GB EVO has dropped by another $10 and it's down to $99.99 now.

Last edited:
Intel is manufacturing their own 3D V-Nand with the help of micron (intel's acquired company)... I am hopeful that intel would literally nail the 3D v-nand technology... Intel didnt launch any well performing drive this year but rumour has it that intel is gonna launch its first 3d v-nand drive in 2015 which i am really excited about... and i think intel would raise its new ssd warranty period from 5 t0 10 years (wishful thinking?)

Source : https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...4UnzqCHMFtvQ2dOz3wMTNGw&bvm=bv.80642063,d.c2E

Back