Another cheap speakers sale - Klipsch GMX-A 2.1 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnz

Adept
i think the speakers need no introduction.
buy this only if you have no neighbors or your neighbors are deaf ;)
sub and satelites in good, working condition. speaker cables have been upgraded to high quality Belden cables with Canare plugs.
whole set is about 2.5 yrs old.

selling this a little cheap because of a minor fault in the control pod.
makes a cracking sound whenever you turn the volume knob up and down. other than that, it sounds great. what i do is i just leave the volume knob untouched and adjust the volume via my PC volume controls. besides, the control pod fault is prob not difficult to fix if you're an electrical engineer.

brand new Klipsch GMX costs around Rs 10k these days.
selling mine cheap at Rs 3,500 local pickup, otherwise it's just collecting dust in my storeroom :bleh:
too bulky to ship, so i'm not looking to sell to buyers in other cities.

400x400.aspx

ProMedia GMX A-2.1
HEXUS.net : Review : Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 : Page - 1/6

Damn you man! :(

The last time you sold your 621s I missed out, and now I've bought myself a brand new pair of VS4121s and you put this up.

:(

PS: :eek:hyeah: Good sale!

dude the crackling can be solved by a 20 buck pot(or maybe some contact cleaner) . nothing to reduce its price to 1/3rd :S

I would have picked these up in a heartbeat If i lived anywere nearby at this price :(

@greenhorn, thanks for the advice bro. considering it's 2.5yrs old and needs a little "fix", i think my price is fair ;)

@farookh, PM me your details. have a lot of enquiries, but first to confirm with payment will get it.

burnz said:
@greenhorn, thanks for the advice bro. considering it's 2.5yrs old and needs a little "fix", i think my price is fair ;)

@farookh, PM me your details. have a lot of enquiries, but first to confirm with payment will get it.

well, since sangram sold his modded 3 year old MX5021's at more than what what they cost new, I was expecting depreciation somewhere along those lines. I guess they will make someone very. very happy :) , and even happier at this price :hap2:

[OT][Threadcrap][Mods: Please clean up] Bump for an excellent deal!

@greenie: My MXs were well burnt in, with a totally revamped signal path, and the midrange was not to be scoffed at and could hold their heads up against a good bookshelf pair. I think they were worth what they sold for. I miss them a lot, the replacement dynes are neutral and clinical compared to them. The woofer, in the words of the guy who bought it, could render the ultra LF foot-tapping on Eric Clapton's 'Layla' which 2.1 systems don't pick up normally.

I suspect the cables burnz is selling with the speakers would cost about half his selling price or more, if one were to buy new. And the crackling control does not need a new pot. A drop of lubricating fluid should do just fine.

Again, brilliant pricing. The only things you can get anywhere near the price are the ATP3, and those don't sound too great to me, TBH. [/OT][/Threadcrap][/Mods: Please clean up]

greenhorn said:
well, since sangram sold his modded 3 year old MX5021's at more than what what they cost new, I was expecting depreciation somewhere along those lines. I guess they will make someone very. very happy :) , and even happier at this price :hap2:

Greenie Sir-

that comment was really uncalled for- and of all the people on TE, not you especially. :no:

Then maybe next you will go ahead and comment on sunnyboi's SB live 24-bit card that is selling for maybe '1.5x'times a new SB audigy value or more than thrice the price of a used SB live 24-bit?? :(

I am not speaking about the price part for the set which was on offer post a listening session for discerning ears- but in general. :)

Level of reps and MOTM award apart (which also should make one doubly cautious while posting), you are a DIY guy yourself and love your stuff too i am sure- like the XPLOD woofer u have. :p
I am not taking sides here- but the OP has clearly mentioned the mods+effort and comments on the product/pricing is best left to people who have heard the original and the modded one, especially if they have discerning ears. :)
If it was your genuine concern for burnz selling them too cheap, you could have resorted to PM. :)

Just as ppl are supposed to use PM to alert seller of high price, i also use it at times to inform some of probability of fetching higher price than quoted by them. :ashamed:

meh, just wanted to tell him that modded stuff can get buyers at those prices :) - both these prices are quite reasonable.

Nah, I hate that xplod. it sounds like it is farting :lol: most of the time.If i wanted to lowball, i would have PM'd him :p

greenhorn said:
meh, just wanted to tell him that modded stuff can get buyers at those prices :) - both these prices are quite reasonable.

Nah, I hate that xplod. it sounds like it is farting :lol: most of the time.If i wanted to lowball, i would have PM'd him :p

Oohh- ze ze ok ok. :p

(word it better next time sound-machining guru. :bleh: )

sorry to disappoint y'all, but am pulling the speakers off for sale at the moment. decided to keep them a little longer while i plan for my next audio upgrade ;)

thread closed... for now :bleh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back