Status
Not open for further replies.

agantuk

Skilled
Product Name, Manufacturers code & URL: Samsung Focus

Expected Price: Rs 12,499/-

Time of Purchase: Nov, 2011

Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: Not sure | Not sure

Reason for Sale: Person I bought for backed out. Selling to cover the costs.

Product Condition: Almost new condition. Does not have any scratches / scuffs / dents anywhere. Has a screenguard applied on the front and the back comes covered with a body scratch guard (see pics)

Accessories Included:

Original Samsung charger

Samsung USB cable

Samsung Focus headset

Original Samsung Focus Battery

Samsung Focus manual

Quick Start guide

Product Location: NCR

Preferred Courier: DTDC Plus with insurance

Shipping Charges: Free

Payment Options: Bank transfer

It's almost new with box and accessories. Fully working. SIM unlocked, running Mango. The phone doesn't have a single blemish, and the screenguard + scratch guard condition have ensured perfect cosmetic condition. Accessories are new (headset hasn't even been opened). This is as good as new.

Asking 12499 shipped to you.

MVUJf.jpg

MVUJf.jpg

Ph9vz.jpg

OJB8l.jpg

z2YVl.jpg

2pIqN.jpg

rAmTj.jpg

NOTE: I can take more pics or videos as need be (please be reasonable :) ) .

will inform 2mrw mrng :) should call my brother. ... he aint picking :x hope this deal doesnt end till mrng

Reason for Sale: Person I bought for backed out. Selling to cover the costs.

The buying ebay price + SNS charges should be made clear. Since everyone is selling focus these days telling someone backed out. We can clearly say, we import take the risk and sell the item for a small profit. There's nothing wrong in that. Of course at 12999, with ebay prices and sns charges no way its gonna cost more than 9k + import duties at max.

^ I haven't ever listed for profit phones on TE till date. All pieces I have sold through the market are either at cost price or at marginal losses. That said, I would be glad to get hold of a new piece for 9K without shipping and customs for that matter. I have been trying to get new pieces at that price for quite some time now (even now a new piece is going for around $215 on eBay).

@Agantuk
It is really good that you think for the community. Profit making shouldn't be in a scenario while participating/trading at a forum.
But what i think is that it should be made mandatory as a rule to post related invoices and bills in the sale thread itself.
This would lead to a bonifide trade process between the two concerned parties.

^^ May be yes...but lot of slightly used phones(mint) r up for 120$ or so (ATT Locked ones) in bidding. Since u told 9k is not possible..I am posting the links..otherwise I wouldn't have

All these are listing which I have bid on 2 days back to find out the fair price

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (Comes with 4GB extra card)

No way any mint focus will cost 12999 with aramex fees and customs (if at all any)

Anyway just a link of the original listing with one's ebay id and his corresponding winning bid is enough...also its a risk to import the phones and some of these deals turn out to be a nightmare...so its fine with me if the seller makes a little profit on the items to cover up his risks in case something goes bad.

@Gauge, I agree with what you say, but as things stand today, I don't think I have flouted any rules by not putting in the cost details. If there is such a rule, I will include all details - PayPal, Aramex, Customs receipt inclusive - to show actual costs.

I have done some deals for profit on TE, but never via the market. There are many folks here with whom I deal on a regular basis on a no profit no loss basis, though I wouldn't want to get into naming anyone.

If the mods too feel that this thread is inappropriate, I will take this off right away.

@Supra, those are used phones - some almost a year old that you have listed. We can't compare a used with a mint or almost new one.

^^ Its totally fine and as per market rules. Just as you said its impossible to get a mint Focus for less than 13k (since u r selling for no loss no profit) I posted all the info. Since its no loss no profit as stated by you...and your reason for sale is someone backed out...as suggested by Gauge you can post the ebay listing which you have won which will have the winning bid along with the date and time.When I last bought a ZTE Blade from a TE member he was kind enuf to even post the link from which he had bid and bought :).Its not something which is compulsory bit its always recommended. That way it confirms when the phone was bought from ebay and other conditions details/pics etc.

Some buy it now listings :

Samsung SGH i917 Focus - Black (AT&T) Smartphone (635753486537) | eBay

Mint Brand new Refurb One

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-SGH...0660379573?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item20c0030fb5

Btw just for others....I am not trolling here and was looking for a focus for a friend. I had bought my Focus from agantuk as well , and it was as specified and the deal went smooth but as usual pricing was premium compared to what u spend if you get via SNS yourself. That was also posted as someone backed out. Allmost all of the focus sold in last 2-3 months some off market threads and all of them Reason for sale is someone backed out.Its fine to post the actual reason. We can get all the info if required :p

Also not 100% sure if its agantuk's ebay shop :

http://myworld.ebay.in/value4m

But you can check the feedback as buyer to see that this seller has bought lot of focus from ebay.com and sold on ebay India. Buying price is like 120$ to 160$ depending on condition.

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/146973-very-urgent-phone-under-13k-2.html

@Supra, those are used phones - some almost a year old that you have listed. We can't compare a used with a mint or almost new one.

Can u put up the pic of the battery as well...that has usually the manufacturing date...the one u sold to me last month was a 2010 Oct/Nov one.I hope the one u r selling on this thread is at max 2-3 months old to deserve that price. I hope Samsung beings selling this phone legally at 14k or so and like Dell XCD 35 (AMOLED selling for 11-12k after buying for 8-9k) and all of this will end for the good. Of course there will be another phone ppl will start on :p

Another serial FOCUS seller on TE...in facts he only starts market threads nothing else :D

http://www.techenclave.com/search.p...1436&starteronly=1&contenttype=vBForum_Thread

Supra said:

Similar condition phones that I am selling, are going on eBay from 215 like I said:

samsung focus | eBay

I had bought my Focus from agantuk as well , and it was as specified and the deal went smooth but as usual pricing was premium compared to what u spend if you get via SNS yourself. That was also posted as someone backed out.

The FS thread is still available and you can read for yourself that it was a refurbished piece I got when I had bid for new, and that's why I was selling it. I DID NOT put it as 'someone backed out'. Here is the thread again: http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone/samsung-focus-mint-202014.html Please do not spread incorrect information I mentioned phone as refurbished and sold it as such. I neither said it is new, nor was the expectation that a refurbished piece is new.

Also not 100% sure if its agantuk's ebay shop :

eBay My World - value4m

But you can check the feedback as buyer to see that this seller has bought lot of focus from ebay.com and sold on ebay India. Buying price is like 120$ to 160$ depending on condition.

Also if you can, check those dates. For obvious reasons, I do not buy off that ID anymore. The prices of this model has increased over time, due to the demand. I have sold far more Focus than is listed as bought on that page.

I think that this post is going beyond its control. Let's be specific to FS thread. He has listed the item with the description and whatever the reason, but the buyer has to make sure that he gets all the information and clarifications before finishing the deal.

Also, it does not make sense that OP has to list everything in the post. Whoever interested can ping him and get the additional info.

Also, it's not relevant (I feel) whether the OP has listed it for profit or for serving the community for free. It's the buyer, who should check other places for the pricing, and then go with the deal.

I would suggest that we should stop all these discussions with this, and let him continue to sell the phone.

Why were the posts deleted? The MOD who deleted please care to explain ? Plz drop a PM as it wasn't OT at all and I hope you guys refrain to do so! And it took an hour for me to post all that info. Plz PM me the post details back to me :mad:

If I dont get an explanation via this thread or PM which is satisfactory expect the same thing to be posted again :D

And also expect me to post a FOCUS also for sale buying it for 120$ and selling it for 12k...I guess its fine with you mods as per the market rules :D

Hi Agantuk,

Is the price negotiable? I am ready to take the piece at 12000. If acceptable , am ready to make the purchase whenever you please.

i am from Pune.

vivacious_tg said:
OP,

How is the performance of Windows mango on the phone. Is it as smooth as Nokia Lumia series ?

I haven't used a Lumia myself to be able to comment, but standalone, the phone works superb with Mango. There are some reviews up here on TE itself which validate this :)

Payment done..

Waiting for shipping.

Pls don't forget to ship with insurance as DTDC has some cases of stealing cellphones.

^^ Congrats that the phone is sold and you managed to get my posts deleted after reporting. When does the next thread start ? I guess next bid by you for another phone is already done and its on the way via SnS.

@the MOD who is deleting --- Plz at least bother to drop me a PM which I have requested for 2 times. But already happened 2 time...Do it one more time and I will have to do something abt it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back