airtel broadband issue..

borngenius

Disciple
hi. i am using airtel 999 unlimited plan. every now and then the net just disconnects and the WAN settings in the router says PPP down.then i would have to reboot the router to reconnect. please suggest what is to be done..

why does this happen? its really frustrating when i keep smthing to download overnight. i get up in the morning n see PPP down n nothing downloaded.

has this happened to anybody else?

lemme guess, do you have D-Link GLB-502T???

If its true, this stupid router has a weird overheating problem:S, so when it gets heated up, it goes off:mad:. According to the D-Link Customer Care this can be solved by a firmware upgrade :S which can only be done in the service centre and they'll take 1 day to do that :|. I haven't got time to give it for firmware upgrade, will do it next week mostly. Right now i running the fan 24*7 to keep the router from overheating. oh and i don't think this is releated to the ISP.

hey my modem is beetel 110bx. n this problem is really bugging me. cant keep anything to download at night. airtel guy came n checked it out n said he doesnt knw why its happening..

he said this was happening to ppl few months back but now there r no such complaints..

Assuming you have rented the router, ask the airtel guyz to replace with different model like 220bx.

The beetle modem has an idle disconnect feature, disable that to make sure that its not causing the issue. Doesnt look like a hardware issue, rather an idle timeout one.

Saiyan said:
If its true, this stupid router has a weird overheating problem:S, so when it gets heated up, it goes off:mad:.
Great news:Now my place is getting hotter due to summers and so does my modem and yesterday my net d/ced twice in the night for absolutely no reason though when i touched the 502T's lower side it was really hot.....

Back