PC Peripherals [Advice Printers] Factory fitted CISS vs Aftermarket CISS vs Laser printer

bodmas

Adept
Hello Members,
I am planning to upgrade my printer. I am having following options and need suggestions accordingly:
a) Buy a new factory fitted CISS based printer like EPSON L210 cost @ Rs.10,499
Need advice: Instead of spending Rs.10.5k, i can also stretch my budget to "ECONOMICAL COLOR LASER PRINTER". The only thing i am concerned about is the print quality between LASER & INKJET printers.
b) Upgrade my current EPSON C58 INKJET printer with aftermarket CISS kit.
Need advice: Is there any chance of ink clog with EPSON C58 printer using CISS kit? The EBAY CISS seller is recommending to use "DYE Based INK" for clog free printing but another seller from Ebay suggesting me to run printer once in 2-3 days along with using "DYE Based INK". Again this clogging problem forcing me to think about "LASER PRINTERS"
c) Stretching my budget more to get colored laser printer.
Need advice: Which budget single function COLOR LASER printer should i go for?

Option b. With dye based ink and a print or two every week your cartridges won't clog. Print a test page if you don't have anything to print. Clogs happen due to ink drying up in ink head. Only way to not let that happen is to use the printer. With ciss system at least you won't feel bad wasting ink compared to cost of original cartridges.

Point to ponder: If you will be keeping the printer unused for a week or more, should you be looking at CISS? Is your usage that high?
The only people I see using CISS are those who run photo studios. OTOH, if you need a lot of printing for your personal work it may still be justified. Personally I've never been able to justify it for home use.

Ciss is more than justified in such a case.
Normal cartridges cost 500+ per colour and they contain just 5-10ml ink. Suppose he buys new one and does not print for few weeks after first few prints. The inks will gradually dry and clog inside since they are pigment inks. So next time he wants to print he will have to waste few more of the 10ml ink in cleaning the cartridges. If they work, he's safe. If not, another 500 down the drain.
If he puts ciss, he can just print a test page every few days without feeling the pinch of wasting inks cause you get 100ml bottle in 150 rupees.
This is just my point of view.

After showing to printer experts i got to know that my EPSON printer head is jammed, So there is no use of buying CISS kit. Option B is cancelled. I have moved on & upgraded my HP 4355 Officejet inkjet printer with cartridges purchased from aliexpress. Now, i have taped the cartridges when they are not in use.

Back