A friend needs a smartphone at less than/equal to 15K.

Hello people.

A friend is looking to buy a phone. We live in Mumbai, and that's from where we'll be making our purchase. He said he'll start looking from 8K. I asked him what his cap was and he said he couldn't go beyond 15K. He was looking at the new Nokias (not the Lumia series, but the 600, 700 etc.) and quite liked them. He's just concerned about jumping onboard a stagnant, if not dying, ecosystem. And since no Windows Phone / iOS device falls within his price range, he's started considering Android.

Simply put, which Android device is the best in that budget? He'll be using the phone to text, Whatsapp, check email, surf social networking sites, play games and listen to music.

Hope that much information is enough. If I've missed any vital details, let me know. And till then, please come up with suggestions!

Galaxy Ace is a very bad option.

Nothing is wrong with symbian, and it will not die in next 3 years.

A good symbian phone can take care of all his needs, and can do certain things much better than android in that price range.

Sent from Galaxy S2

At your Price Point and usage there are a lot of options. Here they are in order of my preference:

1. Sony Xperia Ray (8Mp Exmos-R camera, 1Ghz Processor, 512Mb Ram, 3.3 inch WVGA Screen, ICS)

1. Sony Xperai Neo V (5Mp Camera, 1Ghz Processor, 512Mb Ram, 3.7 inch WVGA Screen, ICS)

3. Motorola Defy (Gr8 community support, WVGA Screen)

Please don't go for Ace as HVGA screen will rip off most off the Apps due to screen size.

At 14,550 the newly launched Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman is also a good option. It has a 1GHz processor Qualcomm scorpion processor(should be plenty fast for the low dpi screen) and Sony has promised an upgrade to ICS. The white one looks cool as well.

no doubt, nokias are VFM for these needs. I suggested the sony live in android arena.

Its getting sandwitch, good specs, competitive price. Ideal for casual gaming, video&net surfing and heavy music. My friend inquired abt this, and the retailers are giving a 2k worth headset free with this in Noida (Delhi).

Tell you friend to try out both the OS and then choose the mobile,after all he is the one going to use it.The nokia hardware specs are really good and the thing he will loose

if he choose Symbian is the huge collection of android apps.

I would personally choose SE Walkman Wt19i.

Back