42" led tv..which deal is better?

Personally, I would stay away from anything that states dealer warranty. If at all something goes wrong, you need to ship the item back to the seller at your own expense, and even after that, you are completely at their mercy with regard to replacement or repair. If you want to risk with dealer warranty, at least get it from a brick and mortar store near your place.

Personally, I would stay away from anything that states dealer warranty. If at all something goes wrong, you need to ship the item back to the seller at your own expense, and even after that, you are completely at their mercy with regard to replacement or repair. If you want to risk with dealer warranty, at least get it from a brick and mortar store near your place.

ok what do you think about the models available in the grey market..."sealex box" as they claim it. lower price because no duty paid they say...same models they stock at a much lower price...for instance, the ua40d5000 samsung led model is 39k in grey...would you advise mke to stay away from that too?

the same model in company costs 50k with 3 years warranty

As I said, if you are buying from grey, get it from a shop that you know. From a place where you can go and claim seller warranty that has been promised, rather than from an unknown online seller.. Ebay dealer warranty = Grey market items.

Again, in my personal opinion, I would think twice or thrice before buying a high valued item without warranty.

Prasad, in most cases the problems arise after a year of usage so a grey market unit is more or less safe but risky all said and done. AFAIK Panasonic gives a 3 year warranty on their units and Philips used to have a 4 year warranty during the cricket world cup period, last year. Not sure how much they are offering now.

Prasad, in most cases the problems arise after a year of usage so a grey market unit is more or less safe but risky all said and done. AFAIK Panasonic gives a 3 year warranty on their units and Philips used to have a 4 year warranty during the cricket world cup period, last year. Not sure how much they are offering now.

Panny is now offering 3 year warranty on select models only.... Esp plasma

Bro if you are going for flat panels, i will suggest you to stay away from online seller, they do offer dealer warranty, and even though if they offer manufacturer warranty , you will get into hassle to claim your warranty.

Why don't you go and check your local showroom and see what deals they had got for..

According to me, if you want natural pics quality, you should stick with Sony, i bought 32-inch model almost 3.5 year ago, and it still perform better than many new ones, even my 2nd Panasonic LED which i bought last year.

If you are too much fascinated by contrast, you can go with Samsung..their contrast & brightness levels are quite good.

Also take care to check, there the panels are Edge-lit or Backlit...

Back