3ds max 64bit doesnt work on vista x64

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well was trying to migrate to vista x64 but facing big problem...first of all the setup which shows both version of 3ds max 32 and 64 doesnt show 64 bit option in vista plus even if i manually install 64 bit file gives error...also 32 bit doesnt work saying it encountered some error.....

Well both works fine in windows xp prof 64bit?

So does running 3dsmax recommended on vista or shd i stick with win xp 64 bit......(the only problem i face with xp 64 version is some times or other some feature stop working like now clicking defragmentation doesnt defragment and similar problems some times or other making me to reinstall all again)

magnet said:
Well was trying to migrate to vista x64 but facing big problem...first of all the setup which shows both version of 3ds max 32 and 64 doesnt show 64 bit option in vista plus even if i manually install 64 bit file gives error...also 32 bit doesnt work saying it encountered some error.....

Well both works fine in windows xp prof 64bit?

So does running 3dsmax recommended on vista or shd i stick with win xp 64 bit......(the only problem i face with xp 64 version is some times or other some feature stop working like now clicking defragmentation doesnt defragment and similar problems some times or other making me to reinstall all again)

max works perfect on xp x64. there is no such problem like what you are saying.

as far as vista goes. i have it installed at home, vista x64. i will install at home n tell you if its working or no.

which version of max are you trying max 9 or max 2008. both work perfect on xp x64 btw. 64bit max i.e

sorry i was in a hurry ...typed wrong puntuation..sorry again i meant

Max doesnt run on vista...i m on vista ultimate.....64 bit edition..i m having 3ds max version 9(both 32 and 64 bit)

YA on xp64 max runs fine but prob is i face some other problem with this xp version finding it not stable as the 32 bit...i cant defragment now on my os right now.....

pixel i was jus trying to learn so will have to stick with it.....btw read on various forums max do have probs with vista..anyways will try cinema 4d too to learn now

Personally, I always found max to be a little tedious to use... (my personal opinion only) I really like c4d, it is a robust and intuitive package and also has excellent texturing tools as well. Animation and rigging is good too.

I have use Maya as well... but I have always found it a little too much and too confusing for me... too many ways to do the same thing :)

Earlier with the name i thght it too be a video editing software...lol

lol... I could see how that would be confusing... actually I have a degree in character animation... I have previously used video software like shake and combustion, but now mostly work in photoshop..... The only 3d stuff I tend to work on these days is camera mapping for high rez scenery.

yup king ill b shifting to it now......will let u know......

Btw pixel what exactly u do??(creating charcters)

i mean want to see your works...i too am getting intrested in this field.....but need to get my basics right have started with ps....soon will start corel draw once i m bit better in ps...

@magnet I got my degree almost 8 years ago, so I have moved away from character animation and mostly work with high rez photoshop images. I personally found animation to be very tedious work and not creative enough for me. I now do more matt painting kind of work, there are a couple of pieces posted around here at TE, I will have to find them for you :D

I also have been working with and am experimenting more with camera mapping, for which c4d is excellent.

Back