Graphic Cards 3d solution Guidence needed

annababu

Disciple
I am planning for 3d solution
Currently I have Ati Crossfire but unfortunately as their is no news from ATI guys about launching 3d kit like Nvidia so have no choice but to think about Display
Now about Buying 3d LED TV will be way costly so My first choice is if there is any 3d Solution available by any Private Companies?
If not in india I am ready to buy it 4rm Amazon or any other sites

Newly launched ASUS 3d is compatible only with Nvidia KIT(jst confirmin?)

Any 3d Monitor with motion rate more than 120HZ?

Or being patient for next upcoming months will be ideal?

Suggestions, Advice pls

My personal reccomendation would be to forget the whole 3d thing as of now and give it another year , whoever ive spoken to that has used 3d had the same responce that its not all that its hyped to be and its definetly not worth the hassle for the experience.

rajan1311 said:
maybe you need to look harder,here are some AMD supporting 3D Monitors, this one comes with wired shutter glasses included:

ViewSonic Brings 3D Gaming to the Desktop with its 24” AMD-certified LED Monitor | techPowerUp

Also, the HD5000 also supports 3D with the newer drivers. What cards do you have in crossfire? if its a pair of 4850s,then no use :p

Lol..

For 3D off course buying new Pair of ATI 5xxx series First interested in 6xxx series but as still reviews are coming out not thinking to go for it

Only for 3D I don't want to go For NVIDIA as I am not sure the feel of playing with ATI will be same as on NVIDIA bt still u techies recommend will think on it

Viewsonic Monitor u suggested is nice bt I think only 120HZ as per 3D basic req. Any 32" 3D TV or Monitors currently available?

@

Zloyd- Pls check PM

if you are comparing to the 400Hz TVs, i am not too sure what they are,but 120Hz is enough.....in the OP you said you already have a cfire setup,now you are saying you want to buy cards, i am a bit confused..

rajan1311 said:
its nice, if you got the $$$ ...

@soumalidon : You got a 3D setup? if yes, would love to come over and chk it out :)
im in the process of setting it up.... when its done u can definitely check it out :) and its not all that expensive. AMDs solution is not going to be as good as nvidia s.3D vision has been around for a while and many games are 3D vision ready and those games look incredible

Yes till date I am using 4850 Crossfire Setup bt according to knowledge I gained 3D is not supportable by it

Secondly If there is any 3D solution by AMD/ATI is coming in upcoming months then It will be ideal to buy new pair of ATI series

If not then Confused whether to Go for 3D Enabled Monitor/TV or Getting 3D Vision KIT along with Nvidia GFX card will be Good & I think Monitor must be needed isnt it?

How much I will be end up spending ??

Dear soumalidon, can u briefly tell ur upcoming 3D setup?

well its jus the 3D vision setup i.e monitor(Samsung 2233RZ), 3D vision glasses and MSI GTX 460 HAWK Talon Attack in SLI. If you are going to get the 3D vision kit then its highly recommened you get a SLI system. The performance hit when you enable 3D is nearly 50%.

souma have you experienced any 3d gaming your self with the shutter glasses ? The reason I discourage it is because from what ive read and heard from ppl who have is that its "gimmiky" it gets old quickly and its not all that its hyped to be. The cost involved to just get 3d vision at that expense you could get an excellent normal monitor like a Dell Ultrasharp and a very powerful gpu setup and enjoy games at great IQ levels on a sweet screen, which to me seems to be the better option if you want a better gaming experience. The other BIG drawback for me was i would need 2 sets of glasses atleast when friends would be over.

^^ yes i have experienced 3D vision and played around with it allot and i can tell you its no gimmick and does not get "old". It works very well and it is a better 3D experience than the 3D movies. I for one am tired of normal gaming and i max out all games as it is and i want something different. After having the chance to use the 3D vision setup extensively i feel the investment is totally worth it and it lives up to the hype.

How about going for LED TV with motion rate more than 120HZ ?

With Nvidia 3D Vision Kit Am I able to get 3D experience on it? HDMI 1.4 is must requirement for it?

@ soumalidon- does ur Samsung 3D Monitor has emitter? I think the Emitter on TV/Monitor is also needed which is reason Chances are low that 3D content can be seen on Normal LED TV even if it has more 120hz motion rate

Back