Monitors 24" Monitor advice, pl. EDIT: Bought a Dell U2312

singenaadam

Skilled
I am planning to buy a 24" monitor.

Purpose: Movies, Browsing, very light gaming

Was thinking of the Dell 2412, not getting any lower than 18.8k (from Dell). Could not find it anywhere else.

One of the reasons for Dell, was the warranty. Rashi is supposed to be pathetic, so not was keen on the Asus 24".

Are there any other options?

Pl. help!

Rashi has improved their service over the years. There have been instances when the customers have got their replacements in time without delays or hiccups. Besides that, Digicare has also been appointed as Asus’ authorized service provider.

The S2440L is available with Snapdeal. It has a VA panel and connectivity options are limited to HDMI and VGA. Seems like a decent deal to me for 12,750 INR.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/dell-s2440l-24-inch-led/591200/?pos=0;0;64

Reviews:

http://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2440l

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2440l.htm

I need VGA. Don't have HDMI out from my MoBO, no add-on GFX card.

Current monitor is ViewSonic 1932. With curtains drawn, a window bang opp to this monitor does not give trouble.
The Dell Sxxxx series - what about reflections? Heard that the screen is quite glossy.

I'll check out the reviews.

OT: Never bought anything physical items on snapdeal, only service deals. Are they OK?

Thanks! @Gannu

Yeah I can vouch for Snapdeal having bought 3 items in the past including a Lenovo laptop worth 28k INR. All the deals went smoothly and were shipped on time.

The glossy display is okay if you don't have any sources of light (say sunlight from the window or a tube light) falling directly on it. The reflections are bearable.

Is U2312 better than the S2440. Does the 1" make a difference. I saw a pic that compared the 2412 & 2312, it was noticeable size diff, esp the aspect ratio.

For the U2312: Dell had quoted 16k, Snapdeal has one for 14.5k! so much for trying to buy direct!

The 2312 uses the IPS panel. Honestly speaking, to an average Joe it doesn't make a big perceivable difference in the IQ. For professionals who work on photo/video editing, this might. The 2312 also offers plenty of connectivity options compared to the S2440L. It also has swiveling and pivoting options which the other one lacks. But IQ wise, IPS>>AMVA panels.

Snapdeal is running discounts on a lot of products right now. And I am not sure how these folks are making any profits. It could be because they want to get a hold in the e-commerce scene. What with Flipkart and eBay around, the only way to lure the customers is to provide discounts. They might jack up the prices later on.

Ordered the U2312 on Snapdeal. Looks like they have also converted to a marketplace. To be safe, made it COD. It is now wait-n-see.

Discounts : how I miss Letsbuy :bawling:

Rec'd the monitor today evening. Good packing - actual vendor was SMC Int'l. Happy with monitor & the SnapDeal service! Good & clear communication thru'SMS & EMail.

Thanks, once again, @Gannu

Good choice. Even I got it from SD a few months back. Except for HDMI port I could not fins any major flaw in this monitor. Additions like 4 USB ports helps keep the desktop clutter free.Tilt / height adjustment is also an added advantage keeping ergonomics in mind.

Image quality / colour reproduction is really fantastic though I am no professional. Usage is limited to office, movies, browsing & very occasional gaming.

Back