Monitors 18-19 inch IPS LED Monitor

I Am Currently using 15 inch CRT Monitor. So is 21 inch to big for me.
My Friend is saying it will look bad and as i sit very close to the computer it may cause eye problem?
so whats your opinion friends..

Since LCD monitors are thinner, you can mount them further behind on your table.
21 inch monitors are already up to 1920 x 1080 res, so dpi isn't a problem, and will definitely be sharper than the CRT. 19 inch panels are generally still stuck at 1280 x 768 res which will look a lot more pixellated.

What screen does your friend recommend?

My friends are suggesting an 18.5 inch monitor but my heart is stuck on Dell S2240L which is a 21.5 inch IPS Full HD Monitor.
Just because its a 21.5 inch i am having some doubt.
Whatsay should i go for this monitor or it will look odd.
Are there any other IPS Monitor with smaller screen size you can suggest..

It will seem big for the a couple of days but after that you'll be wondering how you managed with such a small monitor before
^I completely agree. If you are driving a maruti and have the option to upgrade to a mercedes then why waste time/money on something in-between.
I also switched from a 15" crt to a 21" lcd so i can say it will not be any trouble adjusting. go for the dell.

Btw, crt monitors cause A LOT more eye strain than flat panel monitors that's why they recommend you keep a good viewing distance from it.

I was in similar situation where me and bro was confused if to go for old matte finish or latest ips glossy.
Ips decision paid off very well. Now its like "neighbors envy owners pride":cool:

Bros friends forced him to hook to matte coz they too were on matte. I wanted ips as its the technology to go for.
Now matte looks pretty odd in comparison when on dual monitor setup.:p

What is your main usage of the PC? Movies? gaming? internet browsing?

Browsing internet ,some office work using excel and power point and casual movie watching...[DOUBLEPOST=1432636473][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your friends are jealous of you and hence giving you shit reasons to not upgrade to a good stuff.
Kick them and go fot S2240L.

Yes i also fell dell s2240l will be best for me.
Thanks for the reply....

^I completely agree. If you are driving a maruti and have the option to upgrade to a mercedes then why waste time/money on something in-between.
I also switched from a 15" crt to a 21" lcd so i can say it will not be any trouble adjusting. go for the dell.

Btw, crt monitors cause A LOT more eye strain than flat panel monitors that's why they recommend you keep a good viewing distance from it.

yes i am also seeing some flicker in my CRT monitor since i install a graphic card to my system.
thats why i am looking for a good IPS monitor.[DOUBLEPOST=1432636902][/DOUBLEPOST]
It will seem big for the a couple of days but after that you'll be wondering how you managed with such a small monitor before :D

Lets hope i also feel the same way...
Thanks.

Back