1-1.2 Kg, 12-13 inches, 8-10 hrs - Laptop/Netbook - Suggestions Guys ?

cyneuron

Disciple
Hi guys

I will be going to US next month. I have worked with Acer Aspire laptop till now. Now that it has served me like a loyal pet for last 2 years, i am going to make this baby an old granny serving at home and gonna buy a new laptop OR netbook.

As mentioned in title, i am looking based on following criterion -

1. Lightweight as feather - max 1.2 Kg.

2. 12-13 inches, not too small, not too large.

3. Badass (as someone called it other thread) battery life - not making it two digit as that will compromise on previous two, so i guess demanding 8-10 hrs is reasonable.

4. Processor - I am no Photoshopper, so whatever...

5. RAM - 4 GB is standard these days i guess..2 GB will work in netbook though.

6. DVD Slot - as i mentioned netbook, so no worries on this, be it there or not.

7. Do i need to say anything about USB ports, wifi, bluetooth...they are like default in all.

8. International Warranty - will be good if yes, because it will help me buy it from US, otherwise i will have to buy it from India.

9. Had forgot to mention it - 3G connectivity a must have ( I have only HP Mini 5102 in mind for it.

Budget No problem. Please suggest, be it Windows or Mac (though Mac fail on weight..even Air is 1.36 Kg) or Linux.

i really believe that i can find something best with help of you guys...

Thanks a ton in advance.

--

Regards

It may be difficult finding something at that weight and that battery life. I think the only powerful laptops with that battery life are the Macbooks.

Alternatives to the Macbook Air are the Vaio Z, Dell Adamo, HP Envy series. (Though the battery life may not be as good as the Macbook Air. The Vaio Z is a beast of a machine in that form factor, though)

The only largish laptop I've heard of with a ~1kg weight is the Dell Latitude series, E4200. (Expensive at ~3000$+). Comes with the ULV processors and about 6 hours of battery life.

Edit: I just noticed you said it could be a netbook as well. There may be good options there, but I don't have a good idea about your options. There is a Gateway 10.1 inch with 10+ hours battery life that I know of.

Back