Pricing error on a product on amazon- what happens when you buy it?

Greyfalcon

Disciple
Hi,

I have noticed pricing errors om various products on amazon before. Sometimes the prices of some items were halved suddenly and then corrected after a few hours. Where as sometimes the price has a weird glitch where it keeps going down by a few hundred rupees every few hours. This happened with thrustmaster wheels a while back. A T-128 wheel usually listed at 28k gradually decreased to 15k. The product page was same as I had bookmarked it so it wasnt a new listing. I saw the whole thing go down and come back up again on the same page.

So my question is, what happens when you buy something which has a pricing error? What if you buy it with your credit card? Do they charge you extra bucks later when the price is corrected even after ordering? Or will the order just get cancelled?

Has anyone bought a product with pricing error over here and recieved it?

I have seen couple of products whose price can be described as an error and have placed orders with pay on delivery option if available. They have been delivered. Amazon doesn't increase price later on after order completion, they'd instead cancel it (happened with a certain FPGA order I made for 900 bucks XD, usual price being 25K).
Order fulfillment depends on the seller, if its appario or similar then there's high probability of it being competed.

So my question is, what happens when you buy something which has a pricing error? What if you buy it with your credit card? Do they charge you extra bucks later when the price is corrected even after ordering? Or will the order just get cancelled?
And refund issued.

It's up to the seller. They will list it again with the correct price. This happens with imports. Sometimes I get the product at the listed price

I've noticed prices increasing if the product remains in the cart for some time so I usually move it out of there and only add to cart when ready to buy

Hi,

I have noticed pricing errors om various products on amazon before. Sometimes the prices of some items were halved suddenly and then corrected after a few hours. Where as sometimes the price has a weird glitch where it keeps going down by a few hundred rupees every few hours. This happened with thrustmaster wheels a while back. A T-128 wheel usually listed at 28k gradually decreased to 15k. The product page was same as I had bookmarked it so it wasnt a new listing. I saw the whole thing go down and come back up again on the same page.

Bought a 32gb ram for just 8.8k 2yrs ago when the same ram was going for 14k or more. I had it on my watch list bookmarked as I still was awaiting my mobo to arrive and every few days the price used to juggle between 8-12.5k and finally the day arrived & nailed it at 8.8k.

And few more exp. with small products.
Sometimes it also happens the opposite when you see a product listed for a lesser price for weeks and when you actually decide to buy it one fine day the price increases or skyrockets! And thereafter the price remains inflated or corrected.

Back